The History of Mortal Kombat - The Facts

ded
God

Re: The History of Mortal Kombat - The Facts

Post by ded »

haha yeah man, exactly! i have magazine scans in which his story is different than the others.... in one its "van dam had to go some sega game", in other its "things didnt work out" in g4tv show its "midway was too small company to hire him"....

anyway, its good to see that fans enjoy the series, because after all, me and gambid are doing this for them. ep 05 is on its way, and should be done very soon ;]

Juxtapose13
Apprentice
Side: Light
PSN: Juxtapose1313
XBox Live: Juxtapose13

Post by Juxtapose13 »

ded wrote:ep 05 is on its way, and should be done very soon ;]
Looking forward to it!
--
Juxtapose13

"Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards." Corporal Hicks, Aliens.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

Not sure how to link to a single Tweet, I'm afraid, but Boon's made another similar comment about the series:

"Ed Boon ‏@noobde

RT @Mgoumk3: Ed what's your opinion about the episodes of "The History of MK" on YouTube ? EB: They obviously didn't have a fact checker."

This was on May 23rd.

I just find this funny as, especially with respect to the first two episodes, I had most of those GamePro magazines and have seen most of those drawings that Tobias did prior; so I don't see what he's talking about.

The series is great, in my opinion, and the most comprehensive to date.

Have you tried contacting Boon and politely asking him to clarify further?
--
Juxtapose13

ded
God

Post by ded »

yes. i tried to contact him for episode 5, but he did not replied.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

I don't know, which facts are wrong. But he knows better.
ded
God

Post by ded »

Gsomeer, just dont watch my episodes if you dont like it? I dont need this here.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

I did not write anything against the series. On the contrary, I cannot understand why does Boon criticize your work because of "lack and changing of some facts". But, as I wrote, I think that he knows better about creation of the game and maybe those "some facts" were really missed. What about changing? I'm not involved in the development of the game and History series, and I have nothing to say.

By the way, I like these series, that was just my opinion about this that thread was made for.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

ded wrote:yes. i tried to contact him for episode 5, but he did not replied.
Shame. You'd think he'd take a moment then just to point a few things out.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the next episode!
--
Juxtapose13

ded
God

Post by ded »

Gsomeer wrote:I did not write anything against the series. On the contrary, I cannot understand why does Boon criticize your work because of "lack and changing of some facts". But, as I wrote, I think that he knows better about creation of the game and maybe those "some facts" were really missed. What about changing? I'm not involved in the development of the game and History series, and I have nothing to say.

By the way, I like these series, that was just my opinion about this that thread was made for.
sure he knows better. but all the info is based on his statements in various magazines and interviews. its not the first time ed boon makes a mistake - we all remember the tag team and the mkt n64 ukk (and there are a lot more which i cannot remember right now).

i accept there might be mistakes in the first episode (like van dam project) but i just find it insulting how he can praise through his tweeter when someone makes a cake with mk dragon on it or a sketch with mk characters, and shit talk about a series I (and gambid) put so much effort to and literally thousands of people enjoy.

its not only that, his overall behaviour to the fans have been changed since mk9. he acted a lot more friendly while MK future was in shadow and the mk games were so broken that they not only were not allowed to the competitive scene but literally were burred an year after its release....
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

ded wrote:he acted a lot more friendly while MK future was in shadow and the mk games were so broken that they not only were not allowed to the competitive scene but literally were burred an year after its release....
Which games from the franchise were banned from the competitive circuit? I'm guessing:

- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
- Mortal Kombat: Deception
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
--
Juxtapose13

ded
God

Post by ded »

Actually Deadly Alliance was not, but it died really quickly about an year after its release.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

ded wrote:Actually Deadly Alliance was not, but it died really quickly about an year after its release.
Ah, okay, so the rest of my list was correct I take it.

In terms of Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which proved to be the most popular now that the test of time has passed? Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?
--
Juxtapose13

ded
God

Post by ded »

Its very relative. Mortal Kombat II is probably the most popular, but which of the two games lived longer in competitive, combo and entertainment scene, its without a doubt - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

ded wrote:Its very relative. Mortal Kombat II is probably the most popular, but which of the two games lived longer in competitive, combo and entertainment scene, its without a doubt - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
UMK3 is too overestimated and I can't understand, why people love it so much. Infinite combos, most of fatalities and other finishers look stupid, too many palette-swapped characters, bad balance — all this makes the game not so good as people think. But I don't mean that this game is bad or something like that, but I'm sure, not the best.
ded
God

Post by ded »

UMK3, MK4 and MK9 are the most balanced MK games, i'm not familiar with high-level MK2 anymore, but until few years ago only 3 characters were used.

In UMK3 the characters with useful infinites are not even top, except Lao, and UMK3 main focus was the versus matches, not finishing moves.

Of course I can understand that some fans were disappointed because of that, but what the hell... Reptile's Animality FTW!

Return to “General Discussion”