The History of Mortal Kombat - The Facts

Gsomeer
Warrior

Re: The History of Mortal Kombat - The Facts

Post by Gsomeer »

UMK3, MK4 and MK9 are the most balanced MK games
One combo for every character and introduced "Maximum Damage" — of course, MK4 has good balance. But why don't you think MK2 is not balaced?
In UMK3 the characters with useful infinites are not even top, except Lao

On the other hand, almost everybody has relaunches. A few charachters that can perform projectiles in the air even can do a corner infinite.

ded
God

Post by ded »

MK2 gameplay allows characters like Jax and Mileena to be almost untouchable. Last i heard, Liu Kang could make it a challenge, and Kung Lao and Kitana are used in casuals, but the rest of the crew is just to weak to deal with the top 2 characters in the game.

relaunchers are hard to do in a tournament play, and i'm even surprised you listed that. have you seen a tournament umk3 match when someone tries a relauncher?

as for the air fireballs i dont understand? there is a difference between 100% combo and infinite. mk2 corners are way more risky than umk3 ones.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

relaunchers are hard to do in a tournament play, and i'm even surprised you listed that. have you seen a tournament umk3 match when someone tries a relauncher?
Of course, I have seen, but yes, I haven't seen somebody uses relaunches in the match.
as for the air fireballs i dont understand? there is a difference between 100% combo and infinite. mk2 corners are way more risky than umk3 ones.
Ok, I formulated it wrong, it's not an infinite. For example, Liu Kang performed his Pop-up combo in the corner and as minimum, he is able to do a couple of the jump punch + air fireball bunches, so, overall damage is about 70%, I mean, I'm about a big damage of corner combos. And do not forget about Cyrax' corner throw.
askulaskaileana
Mortal

Post by askulaskaileana »

The best ever Series which has huge number of fans worldwide . . . I love Mortal Kombat always....
SynjoDeonecros
Mortal

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Has anyone ever tried to call Boon out on why he thinks the series is inaccurate? From what I'm reading, he never elaborates on anything other than "The series needs fact-checking", but then again, I dunno if anyone's ever asked him WHAT he thinks needs to be fact-checked. I say, if someone does ask, and he refuses to elaborate, they should insinuate that he doesn't actually know, himself, and see if that gets a reaction.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

No a concrete mistake was never pointed out by him. Can't remember if I asked for one or not. His comments are however only based on Episode 1 as they were made shortly after the release of Episode 1. He also made a comment right after Episode 2, but I think the comment was only based on Episode 1 as there is nothing that can be wrong with Episode 2.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
thefatedhour666
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by thefatedhour666 »

I just joined this site for the dl from youtube, and I wanted to post in this thread that I sincerely love your History of MK series. I'm very fond of MK 1-3 they had a big place in my childhood gaming memories. I wish that there were other interesting, in-depth documentaries as well-made as yours about other long running game series. Really nice work.

MKII is eternally badass. Kung Lao's body slice still gets me. Greatest move in videogame history.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Nice to hear you like the series :)
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
theassassin
Mortal

Post by theassassin »

Looking forward to episode 9!
Messi
Mortal

Post by Messi »

ded wrote:
https://youtu.be/EIactjoZW3c?t=1m6s
Skankenham
Mortal

Post by Skankenham »

Haven't watched every one yet or in order, but saw the episodes pertaining to Special Forces, Deadly Alliance, and Deception so far. Great stuff (including explaining just badly SF got butchered and hobbled together for an awful release). Want to play through my Shaolin Monks before I watch that one.
Edit: Watched History of Tremor. Damn cool.

Return to “General Discussion”