Side: Light
PSN: Juxtapose1313
XBox Live: Juxtapose13

Re: The first MK you have played...

Post by Juxtapose13 »

Gsomeer wrote:
Juxtapose13 wrote:Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
I don't like this game because of DC characters. :D
I wasn't a huge fan of the DC characters either, but it certainly wasn't horrible. You could also exclude them in Arcade Ladder.

--
Juxtapose13

"Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards." Corporal Hicks, Aliens.
LordSpleach
Mortal
PSN: FANSMEGINGTASTIC

Post by LordSpleach »

I been in it since the beginning with MK (Arcade/SNES). I grew up on it.
Glitchologteam
Mortal

Post by Glitchologteam »

I have to thanks Mortal Kombat for Super Nintendo to have me enter the world of MK. Even thought the blood and fatality are lacking or badly executed, this game is still gold to me!
Specter_Official
Mortal
PSN: Specter_Official

Post by Specter_Official »

Mortal Kombat 3 for NES, with Goro.
Origin: Earthrealm
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human
Weapons: Shurikens
Fighting Styles: Karate
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Hellfire31
Mortal

Post by Hellfire31 »

Mine was Mk3 for the snes. My neighbor brought it over and we played it. I was instantly hooked. I remember i accidently did the subway stage fatality. I was in awe at how brutal it was. Of course it's not considered bloody now, but back then it was the best. I'll never forget it
We are many, You are but one
FearReptileFather
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by FearReptileFather »

mk 1 in 1992 arcade game machine i choose kano and i've done the heart rip fatality on a older guy he was like OMG ! i own all the games except mk special force
MrHands
Mortal

Post by MrHands »

umk3 for the sega genesis. i was only about 4 or 5 at the time so needless to say i got wrecked by the cpu every time but hey it was fun watching the fatalities done against me
Yellow Ledbetter
Apprentice
PSN: AMULETofSHINNOK

Post by Yellow Ledbetter »

90's, MK1 on PC and a pirate version on a NES.

On the first one was the moment I felt in love with the series. The guy who installed the game on our PC started a fight, Scorpion (him) vs. Kano. My brother and I just watching, I remember like it was today, his first move was the spear and I said to myself "THIS IS THE GAME!!!". I never reached Goro when I was a kid, and the kredits...oh the kredits.

On the pirate NES, I liked to play with Goro. It was messy, but funny. At that time, was the only contact with Shang/Goro, since I would win MK1 on PC later.
FearReptileFather
Apprentice

Lou Zephyr wrote:I was just wondering which Mortal Kombat you have played first, before you got addicted.

Mine was the good old Mortal Kombat on super nintendo, it was censored (even in austria) :( but at that time i didn't know that, and some fatalities were actually pretty cool, scorpion's toasty was in, sub - zero freezes and smashes you. It was so f-ing awesome and i loved it from the first moment.

And then when i was 9 years old i got Mortal Kombat III, omfg! This was so awesome!
In the same year a friend showed me Mortal Kombat II, needless to say anything...

Since then i became a true MK fan, this is the only franchise which i am truly a fan of, bought every game and played it until i had blistered thumbs :mrgreen:

MORTAL KOMBAT FTW!
mortal kombat 1 arcade game cabinet 12 years old bowling 1992
Luckeylad
Apprentice

Post by Luckeylad »

Wow seems like I'm the only one here who started off with Mortal Kombat 4.
I had the PC version of it...
Great Kung Lao 2250+ Downloads
Khameleon 1350+ Downloads
Ladder Mode Arena Patch 1650+ Downloads
Nekropolis Arena 76550+ Downloads
FearReptileFather
Apprentice

i own all the games except mk special forces ! mk legacy series that i don't own
Max_6186
Mortal

Post by Max_6186 »

Mortal Kombat 3 to mortal kombat (2011) except mk vs dc
OnlyTanyaFan
Mortal

Post by OnlyTanyaFan »

First saw the Scorpion's original fatality done by someone when the first MK came out to the Arcade on 92, I tried it on Arcade, but I got murdered... so, I waited for the PC version to come out and played for the first time, and quickly beat the whole game with Scorpion, from then on, I got hooked.
Roy Arkon
God
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

I saw MK for the first time on the Mega Drive when me and my family visited my cousin in France and he played MK1 on the arcade, and I saw Scorpion's Toasty Fatality and it was awesome, and my brother screamed "pick the yellow one, he's the strongest!" :lol: I'm the older one and we were like 6 and 4 at our age.

I still didn't knew what game it was, but then my brother saw MK2 for the PC in a store and thankfully my parents bought it for us, and damn, IT WAS JUST FUN AS THE HELL OF THE NETHERREALM! I played the game for like hours and hours, in fact I played so much that I didn't even had a problem to beat dummies in the 2 player mode just for fun, and I've accidentally found Noob Saibot! That game was the one who made me an MK fan and a fighting game fan. I didn't played MK in the arcade that much as almost all the games made it to the PC and the arcade had games that the PC didn't offer like the Marvel Vs. Capcom games, but I did played MK1 in the arcade once before I got it to the PC, as well as UMK3 when I had the chance.

Here is the list of MK games that I've played and their ports:

MK1: Arcade and PC
MK2: PC
MK3: PC
UMK3: Arcade and SNES (on my friend's house)
MKT: PC
MK4: PC
MK - MSZ: Tiger Electronics Handheld LCD Game (that was my friend's game and I played it a little).
MKDA: PS2
MKD: PS2
MKA: PS2
MK Vs. DC: PS3
MK9 (vanilla version but I've got all the DLC eventually): PS3
Injustice Ultimate Edition: PS3

I believe that I've also played MKD on GameCube or MKU on PSP (on my friend's house) in addition to the PS2 version of MKD but I'm not sure.

On a side note, I've also downloaded MK2 on my PC a year and a half ago because I thought that I no longer had my MK2 CD (and I finally managed to beat Shao Kahn with more characters other then Shang Stung and Liu Kang, damn that game is HARD), only to find out that I still had it all along, along with my CD's for MKT and MK4 for the PC. Thankfully I no longer have that pirate rom of the PC port of MK2.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

My first MK game series that I played was Mortal Kombat 4 for PC in 2005/2006 on a Pentium 3 when I was in my freshman year. Is weird because I knew this game, but until 2005 had never gambled before, I have not touched this game not, only my favorite Street Fighter 2 on Nes but when I felt the scent MK I became obsessed with this game. And then I tried all editions before, I admit I was disappointed with the quality of the graphics that run in ms dos in MK1, MK2, MK3 but eventually I realized that it was too late for me to play games in the 90s, because I started with something more evolved and 3D graphics, but I liked very much the madness umk3. When I contacted mk trilogy I thought he is after mk4. I was so excited because it had more character and loved playing only with GORO. but my favorite remains Mortal Kombat Gold from Sega Dreamcast platform.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”