Mortal Kombat 3 Graveyard Undiscussed Secret

Bunki23
Mortal

Mortal Kombat 3 Graveyard Undiscussed Secret

Post by Bunki23 »

Hello everyone,

I am someone who is a huge MK fan but, mainly with the older classic games MK1-MK3. I never ever found anything on this and nobody seems to discuss this secret at all or mention anything about it.

In the graveyard level on the tombstones in the background:

http://mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk3/arenas/graveyard/

I have also attached the photos.

There are the letters UTB on one gravestone on the left and CRL on one on the right with DUD written under it. Does anyone know what they stand for? Or have any idea or theories? I have tried my best to find out for many years and never reached a solution. I have come across someone that worked at Midway and they do in fact know what it is about but, told me it is secret and they could not tell me about it. Does anyone know or can anyone help?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ded
God

Re: Mortal Kombat 3 Graveyard Undiscussed Secret

Post by ded »

CRL stands for Carlos i.e. Carlos Pesina. You can see his initials since MK1 Winning Streaks. DUD means faulty sometimes, most probably a reference to his work on Tattoo Assassins during MK3 production.
Bunki23
Mortal

Re: Mortal Kombat 3 Graveyard Undiscussed Secret

Post by Bunki23 »

Oh, that makes sense. I figured it was related to him since there was a CAGE gravestone nearby. What about the UTB any idea on that

Thank you

Return to “General Discussion”