Better than SF 4, my opinion

DeckardBR
Mortal

Better than SF 4, my opinion

Post by DeckardBR »

Hi this is my first time posting. I'm actually a long time MK fan from way back thats been rediscovering the series recently, first by becoming addicted to the classic MK games on Mame (I had the console versions also), then by purchasing MK vs DC. I'm sure there have been other threads like this, but since the game is a few months old now I think it would be nice to discuss again.

How its better:

1. Story Mode. This gives you a chance to actually learn the mechanics of the game and gives you a chance to try every character in a fun way

2. Moves: No double quarter circle with three kick/punch moves here, they are pretty straightforward and fun to do. Learning to chain them into combos is pretty enjoyable. Also there are a larger variety of special moves, though the directions are similar for each fighter. So theres more variety in the character animations of the moves.

3. Flash: His actions alone are better then any characters in SF4. Hes fun to watch and master. And yes he devasting.

4. Variety of arcade modes: I was disappointed that there was no rookie, warrior, master as in the old games, but you get to at least mix it up of either all MK, DC or a combo of both. And theres more people to fight. In SF theres maybe six characters before the final boss, which brings me to:

5. Better Boss: Hes simply not as frustrating as SF 4's boss who is programmed to make you throw your controller

6. Rage mode: This is actually a great idea and I prefer it to the Ultra's of SF4 which are just special moves with better animation. Its provides a way to come back and it fits into the whole plot of the game.

7. Sub Zero gets a teleport: Is this new to this particular game? This is my fav character and adding this move to him just makes him even better.

Can you think of any others? If this topics already exhausted I just wanted to give my opinion so please don't flame :D This seems like a great forum.

ded
God

Re: Better than SF 4, my opinion

Post by ded »

I havent played the game yet, but from what i saw... instant kill glitches? And i think rage mode is unbalanced.
ninjaturkey14
Mortal

Post by ninjaturkey14 »

my brothers friend actually found that instant kill glitch while he worked at midway. he told them about it, but they didnt listen to him. when people started doing the glitch, he got fired for not telling them about it, even though he really did
ded
God

Post by ded »

LOL that sounds typical for them. i got the game now and i played it a little, but still waiting for sf4 to compare ^_^
Tommy2312
Mortal
Location: Look Behind you, you will see somebody that isn´t me

Post by Tommy2312 »

What is the Instant Kill Glitch?
I am Mortal
I am a Thief and Assassin
I am a Lin Kuei Warrior
I am...Sub-Zero
ded
God

Post by ded »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6fXOCu6nSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZKNmUDkN_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFuDJEl ... re=related

also after playing both games, i'm sorry to say sf4 is way better than mkdc imo. the controls are way more acceptable, the game is more dynamic, more faster and somehow it keeps the 2d gameplay still.
Tommy2312
Mortal
Location: Look Behind you, you will see somebody that isn´t me

Post by Tommy2312 »

Thaks for the vids ded, but how does it work? this glitch only happens how? with an exact move, life or stage? :|
I am Mortal
I am a Thief and Assassin
I am a Lin Kuei Warrior
I am...Sub-Zero
Scorpion Assassin
Mortal

Post by Scorpion Assassin »

Well.....
Even If MK VS DC Is Better Than SF 4
It Still The Worst MK Ever
1-)A Little Roster 2-)T Rated
3-)Crossover

What Makes It Better Than SF4 Is Just The Side Steps System & And It's Special Moves

Thanx,SA
I Am A "Shirai Ryu"
I Am A Dead  Ninja Assassin
I Am The Ninja SPECTRE
I Am ((Scorpion))
--------------
My Free Forum :
http://mkninjas.myfreeforum.org/
Be Welcome...!
ThunderGod
Warrior

Post by ThunderGod »

When it comes to replay value, both games get quite boring. I can't even bring myself to play either game, ever. Just thinking about it makes me bored.

The levels, the music, it's just all a snoozefest for me.
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

Mk vs Dc is the worst Mk ever. The rage is needless and stupid, and mk shouldn't be 3D. The super version of sf4 is much better now and if sf ever had a sidestep system I would snap. SSF4 is much better than Mk vs. DC and I ain't being biased, I'm simply stating the truths. DC should never have come to Midway, and the story is quite dreadful. Rage takes over everyone and they go beserk on each other, very interesting. Now that Mk9 is out, this forum must seem old but I wanted to say something about it so bottom line is: stay away from this game kids, waste of time, waste of money and not worth it. Get MK9, something you won't regret for a long time. Arrivederci.
I am Reptile! And I do not answer to you! Fight!

Image Image
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

This isn't really fair. Comparing MKVSDCU to MK9 is not really OK.

MKVSDCU is 3D and in that aspect it's the best 3D MK of them all. The movement and the speed are according to me much better. If you stay away from the side stepping you are in fact playing a 2D MK.

The game has a lot, and I mean a LOT of gameplay glitches, infinites and one hit kills, which caused it to die. But if it wasn't for Midway going bankrupt, I am sure that all those issues would have been resolved, just like MK9 bugs get fixed now.

I believe that MKVSDCU was a stepping stone in the right direction. MK9 takes everything from MKVSDCU and makes it better. Pretty much like Vista and Windows 7.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

Okay I guess I can agree in that perspective, and I admit it's speed did satisfy me. But I only found fun once and the fact they lowered the gore wasn't fair but I guess DC can't be imagined as violent. But why make a crossover with DC? I'm not sure that's what fans wanted, and more people prefer marvel. They could've crossed with something more to their terms but despite all my bad points, I'll give it a good experience to start with and overall is enjoyable at short lengths but unless you have online then there's not much to do. But these are just opinions of mine.

Image Image
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Well... it may not have been what MK fans wanted but this doesn't mean it was a bad game. But look at all the good things that came out of it. If there was no MKVSDCU Warner Bros may not have decided to buy the franchise and the studio and who knows what would have become of our very dear MK9 ;)
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
The Reptile
Warrior

Post by The Reptile »

True, I guess we could have seen a remake of whatever MK game was worse. I can see that MKVDCU was just a stepping stone and iit gave the idea for no more bad crossovers. I remember when they were aked by fans to make a MK and SF crossover when they starting early, just imagine Chun Li ripping Sonya's head off. Well, I can't complain much as I got this game for 15 quid but now I'm trying to get MK9. I've played it but not got the actual game, yes I feel like a loner in this site.

Image Image

Return to “Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe”