MK11Hook

ermaccer
Mortal

MK11Hook

Post by ermaccer »

MK11Hook allows you to play as NPCs, forcefully change stages, mess with gamespeed, control camera and much more!

MK11Hook only works with latest Steam version! It does not support DirectX 12 executable.

Features
Character Modifier
- Play as NPCs - Sektor, Cyrax, Kronika and Fire God Liu Kang. Change forced character in story mode or other modes.
Stage Modifier
- Change stage to anything in any game mode. Access various tournament exclusive stages (eg. EVO)
Modifiers
- Add Tag Assists to local fights. Please read menu description about how to use this feature!
Player Control
- Change speed and scale of players. Scale setting is visual only!
Speed Modifier
- Change game speed, enjoy fights in slowmotion!
Camera Control
- Freeze camera position & rotation. Freely move and rotate camera with keyboard hotkeys.Play in predefined custom camera modes: Injustice 2,3RD Person,1ST Person
Krypt Control
- Change Krypt player model.
Script
- Call script functions to perform taunts and more!
Cheats
- All cheats can be toggled for both P1 and P2: Infinite Health, Zero Health, 1 Health, Infinite Offensive/Defensive Bar, Easy Krushing Blows
Misc.
- Disable FightHUD. Completely disable all HUD elements. Toggle AI type for P1/P2.

Installation

Extract mk11hook.zip to Binaries\Retail folder of Mortal Kombat 11.

If you are not sure how to find your Mortal Kombat 11 folder, search for it in your Steam library then right click on the entry and select Manage->Browse local files.

Archive breakdown:

- dinput8.dll - Ultimate ASI Loader
- MK11Hook.asi
- MK11Hook.ini - configuration file

Download
https://github.com/ermaccer/MK11Hook/
https://ermaccer.github.io/posts/mk11hook/
Attachments
menu.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
fpv1.jpg
fpv3.jpg
krypt.jpg
Last edited by ermaccer on Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

AkaD
Mortal

Re: MK11Hook

Post by AkaD »

Hi ermaccer!

I really love your MKXHook. Here is my one suggestion for MK11Hook

Could you make background animations interpolate to run at 60fps as the rest of the game like in MKXL? (examples of 30 fps animations: crowd on the stands in Kotal's Koliseum, waves on the Sea of Blood, waves pouring on the Kharon's Ship, water pouring out of dragon statues on Wu Shi Dragon Grotto and acid on Deadpool and some more). If you could make playback at 60fps as the rest of the game - it would look much better and easier on the eyes.

Also after selecting the stage game stutters and comes back to 30 fps, you can see it for a few seconds on the preview background when selected characters fight before main battle which plays correctly at 60 fps.

Not sure is it because of Denuvo or it's just a engine bug.

Would be cool to have every animation play out with 60 fps like in MKXL.
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

AkaD wrote:Hi ermaccer!

I really love your MKXHook. Here is my one suggestion for MK11Hook

Could you make background animations interpolate to run at 60fps as the rest of the game like in MKXL? (examples of 30 fps animations: crowd on the stands in Kotal's Koliseum, waves on the Sea of Blood, waves pouring on the Kharon's Ship, water pouring out of dragon statues on Wu Shi Dragon Grotto and acid on Deadpool and some more). If you could make playback at 60fps as the rest of the game - it would look much better and easier on the eyes.

Also after selecting the stage game stutters and comes back to 30 fps, you can see it for a few seconds on the preview background when selected characters fight before main battle which plays correctly at 60 fps.

Not sure is it because of Denuvo or it's just a engine bug.

Would be cool to have every animation play out with 60 fps like in MKXL.
I haven't checked any fps stuff yet but these 30 fps background (and few intros/friendships) are most likely file related, animation file has them at that framerate and I don't think we can do much about it.
hyalp
Mortal

Post by hyalp »

another mod ?! nice ! what extra option will come in future ? i have look at mkxhook and it have camera mod and char switcher. will this be include in future ver. ?

also one question. how can i use this mod with ASIMK11 ?
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

hyalp wrote:another mod ?! nice ! what extra option will come in future ? i have look at mkxhook and it have camera mod and char switcher. will this be include in future ver. ?
I plan to include everything that was in MKXHook - we'll see.
also one question. how can i use this mod with ASIMK11 ?
Both should work just fine.
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

Update with menu and MKXHook camera settings!
ZepperFang
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by ZepperFang »

Does it work in the krypt (camera mod)?
Could you please post the command keys?
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

No krypt camera control for now,
default menu key is F1. You can check controls in the .ini.
HSHAZAM
Mortal

Post by HSHAZAM »

Really appreciate your work, dude. But why my game immediately shut down after the command window pops up? I am right now using the DX12 version of exe..
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

It doesn't work with DX12 version, sorry.
I'll add it to the post.
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

Update!
- Added character modifier

Note that you will require a gamepad if you plan to play tower modes with NPCs.
Attachments
20210108211009_1.jpg
AkaD
Mortal

Post by AkaD »

Hi ermaccer!

I've got another idea for both MKX and MK11.

Could you program fighters stance to always face forward to the camera? Basically make them automatically switch sides to facing forward, if some moves require them to turn around.

Both these game have a flip stance button that is completely useless - don't serve any gameplay function.

If you could force the characters to always face forward to the camera and automatically switch stance if some moves make them face backwards to the camera, it would look much better in terms of animations.

Of course that would be for offline play only.

Also happy new year :)
Itsame
Mortal

Post by Itsame »

Just signed up to say thanks for this. This mod is coming along nicely so far and looks like it could be really useful for machinima production. I've only tested the camera features for now and here's some quick observations:

1. The camera movement is really smooth like the cheat table camera, which is great! I've noticed that the cheat table and built-in ASIMK11 cameras have some extra hotkeys to control pitch, roll and FOV which this doesn't have yet.

2. It doesn't seem like you can control the camera during cinematics such as intros, fatal blows, fatalities, etc. The cheat table and ASIMK11 cameras allow you to do this.

3. Setting Game Speed to 0 doesn't pause/timestop like one would expect. Instead it makes the game go into super slo mo. Pretty cool effect nonetheless :P

4. We can change the camera movement hotkeys in the ini but is it possible to change the hotkeys for the Menu (F1) and Game Speed (F5, F6, F7)?

5. Not really feedback per se but maybe controller support could be added in the future? Using a pad to control the camera feels a lot more intuitive than keyboard. Ansel is useless for this game but its controller support is something that I find handy.

6. Almost forgot but what about a NoHUD option! Having it built into this mod would be great too.

edit: some more feedback
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Itsame wrote:ASIMK11 cameras allow you to do this.
ASI is designed to find the camera active and tap into that. MK11Hook is designed to change the fighting camera directly. They are two different designs, that's why you see differences in behavior. Anyway I don't think ermaccer will have trouble doing it, just give him time until the game rests a bit with update. You can take MK11Hook as a showcase of what to expect when the game's done.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Itsame
Mortal

Post by Itsame »

thethiny wrote:
Itsame wrote:ASIMK11 cameras allow you to do this.
ASI is designed to find the camera active and tap into that. MK11Hook is designed to change the fighting camera directly. They are two different designs, that's why you see differences in behavior. Anyway I don't think ermaccer will have trouble doing it, just give him time until the game rests a bit with update. You can take MK11Hook as a showcase of what to expect when the game's done.
Ah I understand, thanks. There's no hurry lol hope I didn't sound like I was demanding anything. It's just nice to see mod development picking up for the game.

Whatever happens, I hope Netherrealm don't start interfering again since these are just programs that allow for some fun and creativity. If they do then they're clearly out of touch with their PC crowd.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Gameplay Mods”