Hacking more than three ability "slots" for customisation

Sablicious
Apprentice

Hacking more than three ability "slots" for customisation

Post by Sablicious »

Any possibility of hacking or modding more equippable abilities per load-out than the paltry three the game restricts players to?

I find that the three slots always leave the characters feeling like they need just one or two more of their abilities active, in order to reach their potential and be exponentially more fun to play. Also, with the player customisation limited to "kasual" and offline, it would do nothing to affect so-called "balance" for the spam jamboree, online "ranked" and tournament modes. Lastly, abilities that clash directly (either through shared input commands or direct replacement) are already restricted -- implying that the necessary mechanic (to stop glitches) already seems present be default (a message even notifies of clashing abilities).

I've tried to find the "slot" values using Cheat Engine, and although I seem to be able to find them (three addresses for open slots; two for those with abilities already assigned), freezing the values (e.g., to keep them stuck at "1") doesn't do anything in-game, and the game eventually crashes anyway.

So, would something like this be possible... Like, via the game's "Coalesced.ini" file maybe?

Sablicious
Apprentice

Re: Hacking more than three ability "slots" for customisatio

Post by Sablicious »

_ix_
Warrior
Side: Light
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

Post by _ix_ »

Even if it is possible, it will not be possible to use this online, as the game will desync because the other party will not have the same settings / files loaded.
I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

^ Obviously, for the LOCAL game mode only -- or KASUAL, where the other player has the same hack / mod installed... suffice it to say.

That's a kind of rule of thumb applies that applies to almost all mods and hacks that affect gameplay... Albeit, in games that report player actions to a communal server (as distinct from peer-to-peer), like Monster Hunter World, players can actually have differing gameplay mods -- as they (and I) often do have in that game.

I don't play the MK11 online anyway. I'd just like more incentive to play it, and more slots (or even the Augment perks made active, as were originally intended but removed without explanation) would go a long way to doing that. In fact, why a game that sports a dedicated mode for "fun", and that's not used for "pro" play, doesn't have such and options suite by default, is mind-boggling...

NRS: The BEST ideas in the fighting game industry, with the WORST implementation imaginable.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Gameplay Mods”