Cyber-Spawn Texture mod and Custom Blood Color (WIP)

Deleted User 1104

Cyber-Spawn Texture mod and Custom Blood Color (WIP)

Post by Deleted User 1104 »

This is a proof of concept of texture modding by injecting a modded texture over the original one without having to modify any .xxx files. Many textures can be dumped and injected while in-game, with a minimal performance impact. I'm still testing this out myself.

Cyber-Spawn:

Update:
I was able to get custom blood colors working on Cyber-Spawn, here is a preview. This opens many possibilities to things like custom raiden lightning, custom light sources, etc.
Cyber-Spawn torture (Ouch):
Last edited by Deleted User 1104 on Fri May 28, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice
Side: Light
PSN: whats a psn?
XBox Live: idk

Re: Cyber-Spawn Texture mod (Proof of Concept)

Post by Asicantthinkofaname »

This looks awesome! Awesome job!
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice

is it possible to make a ninja spawn or is it not possible yet?
Deleted User 1104

Asicantthinkofaname wrote:is it possible to make a ninja spawn or is it not possible yet?
It's definitely possible, but would have to be a modded version of an already existing ninja, I would think Noob Saibot is a good fit. I'll look into it. What really bugs me is that I can't seem to use custom gear for any character, as thethiny said previously, so I cannot make a klassic Spawn ninja for now, but I'll keep looking into it.
Deleted User 1104

Just added a video to the op showcasing the mod in-game, watch it if you're interested.
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice

i watched the video and it looked awesome! i bet soon everyone will make there own skin mods just like mkx and mk9.
Deleted User 1104

The only problem is that a lot of the models dont swap well, I can't get any other model except NPCs swapped for Spawn for example, but I'll keep looking into it. I've noticed that many engine rendered shaders can be changed, which could possibly (dont quote me on that) mean custom blood colors, custom colored light sources (like raidens lighning), etc.
Deleted User 1104

Re: Cyber-Spawn Texture mod and Custom Blood Color (WIP)

Custom blood color is confirmed to work, I need to further test this since there are some limitations. This opens up a ton of possibilities. Check op for a video showcasing this.
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice

the purple blood looks very cool and i think it fits perfectly well for cyber spawn great job!
Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

Great proof of concept. Hopefully this leads to a nice Cyber-Sub skin.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

Awesome :D Keep up the great work!
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Overkill wrote: I've noticed that many engine rendered shaders can be changed, which could possibly (dont quote me on that) mean custom blood colors, custom colored light sources (like raidens lighning), etc.
This is true. I manually change colors by swapping the Shader folders or the Palettes.
Asicantthinkofaname wrote:i watched the video and it looked awesome! i bet soon everyone will make there own skin mods just like mkx and mk9.
My skin mod tool still works but it requires lots of manual work. Maybe overkill can see how it works and implement it in his method, since my method requires recompilation, but his doesn't. If you're interested Overkill let me know. The tool is called MK11 Package Repacker and it's on my github.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Deleted User 1104

thethiny wrote: My skin mod tool still works but it requires lots of manual work. Maybe overkill can see how it works and implement it in his method, since my method requires recompilation, but his doesn't. If you're interested Overkill let me know. The tool is called MK11 Package Repacker and it's on my github.
I'll definetly take a look at it, but I generally don't think its necessary to recompile the xxx files just for simple texture mods. I'm still searching for a method of modifying more than one shader at a time without needing to use a precompiled shader, like 3DMigoto does, so that we can easily change blood colors in real time.

But I see people are interested in a guide for the texture mods, so I'll be posting one in the next week or so.

I've also posted a video showcasing Intros/Outros/Fatal Blows and Fatalities for Cyber-Spawn if anyones interested.
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Overkill wrote: I'll definetly take a look at it, but I generally don't think its necessary to recompile the xxx files just for simple texture mods. I'm still searching for a method of modifying more than one shader at a time without needing to use a precompiled shader, like 3DMigoto does, so that we can easily change blood colors in real time.

But I see people are interested in a guide for the texture mods, so I'll be posting one in the next week or so.

I've also posted a video showcasing Intros/Outros/Fatal Blows and Fatalities for Cyber-Spawn if anyones interested.
Yes I know, you don't need to recompile the xxx file just for the mod, I was just refering to the method implemented by me (I recreated some of the game's source BTW) if you wanna take a look on how the shaders/colors work in MK11. It's the BulkData section. Check the references in the repo.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Deleted User 1104

thethiny wrote: Yes I know, you don't need to recompile the xxx file just for the mod, I was just refering to the method implemented by me (I recreated some of the game's source BTW) if you wanna take a look on how the shaders/colors work in MK11. It's the BulkData section. Check the references in the repo.
I'll surely check it out, thanks for letting me know.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”