MK11 All In One Mod Thread: ASI/Cam/Mod Loader/NPC...etc

Newb Newbot
Mortal

Re: MK11 All In One Mods Thread: Cam/Mod Loader/NPC...etc

Post by Newb Newbot »

I've gotten all of the previous patches to work, but I'm struggling with these new ASIMK11 files.

Do we simply copy ASIMK11.asi and ASIMK11.ini to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mortal Kombat 11\Binaries\Retail and then launch the game?

The game launches fine, but the camera mod doesn't seem to work at all. The ini file seems to indicate that F2 toggles camera hotkeys, but nothing happens when I press it.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, because I've been able to make all of the previous patches work perfectly (back when they worked together with Cheat Engine).

Sorry if I'm completely confused! Read and reread the instructions, but can't seem to find the answer.

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Newb Newbot wrote:I've gotten all of the previous patches to work, but I'm struggling with these new ASIMK11 files.

Do we simply copy ASIMK11.asi and ASIMK11.ini to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mortal Kombat 11\Binaries\Retail and then launch the game?

The game launches fine, but the camera mod doesn't seem to work at all. The ini file seems to indicate that F2 toggles camera hotkeys, but nothing happens when I press it.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, because I've been able to make all of the previous patches work perfectly (back when they worked together with Cheat Engine).

Sorry if I'm completely confused! Read and reread the instructions, but can't seem to find the answer.
You didn't copy dinput8.dll into the folder.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
atributes16
Warrior

Post by atributes16 »

Hi Everyone!

I want to ask about something? When should we expected more open mods in asi? For me especially Custom Unlocker and Xtreme Mod?

Are they worked before NRS update?

As Thiny and IX work together...
atributes16
Warrior

Post by atributes16 »

It's not good I'm asked it here, but what is about Christopher Lambert's voice. I've read some stories about him, and after hear his voice, I felt like I should start coughing. It have changed for these 25 years since movies time
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Unlocker, still working on it.
Xtreme mod, this takes time as I'm working on 1 feature at a time, and I recently finished camera mod and mod loader. I will see first announcer mod.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Newb Newbot
Mortal

Post by Newb Newbot »

thethiny wrote: You didn't copy dinput8.dll into the folder.
Well that's embarrassing! I guess I didn't notice the dinput8.dll file because it extracted to a different location from the 2 ASI files. Anyway, it's now working perfectly.

Forgot to mention in my previous post - thank you so much thethiny for all that you do for the community. I very much appreciate your talent and the time and effort that you put into these awesome projects!
rudiano
Mortal

Post by rudiano »

Im trying to do friendship swap and so I did the following:
copied ASIMK11.asi, ASIMK11.ini and dinput8.dll to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mortal Kombat 11\Binaries\Retail
Created MKSwap/Asset folder in the root directory, I tried robocop to rambo by copying the Robocop_Friendship.XXX into this folder and renamed it to Rambo_Friendship.XXX, but when I do the friendship it works but everything is all grey like the textures are gone, here is an image:
https://i.imgur.com/eiWOtQ1.jpg
what am I doing wrong? thanks TheTiny
fu11m3ta11
Mortal

Post by fu11m3ta11 »

thethiny wrote:
Newb Newbot wrote:I've gotten all of the previous patches to work, but I'm struggling with these new ASIMK11 files.

You didn't copy dinput8.dll into the folder.
I cant overstate how much appreciation I have for the work you put in, but I'm also confused at the instructions given on how to use your ASI tool. The how to use section for it doesnt specify where exactly I need to copy the contents of the ASI download, and the dinput8.dll file is not in that download or mentioned in your main post. While I think this is common knowledge for others here, for people unfamiliar with the how these tools generally work, I think it would be good to quickly explain the initial steps on what to do before going into details like Ini settings and whatnot.
Last edited by fu11m3ta11 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newb Newbot
Mortal

Post by Newb Newbot »

fu11m3ta11 wrote: I cant understate how much appreciation I have for the work you put in, but I'm also confused at the instructions given on how to use your ASI tool. The how to use section for it doesnt specify where exactly I need to copy the contents of the ASI download, and the dinput8.dll file is not in that download or mentioned in your main post. While I think this is common knowledge for others here, for people unfamiliar with the how these tools generally work, I think it would be good to quickly explain the initial steps on what to do before going into details like Ini settings and whatnot.
I was initially confused as well, but I finally figured it out. When you extract the compressed file, it creates a folder named ASKMK11v1.1.1 that contains ASIMK11.asi and ASIMK11.ini and it ALSO creates dinput8.dll OUTSIDE of that folder. All three files need to be copied into the Retail folder. Hope this helps.
fu11m3ta11
Mortal

Post by fu11m3ta11 »

Newb Newbot wrote:
fu11m3ta11 wrote: I cant understate how much appreciation I have for the work you put in, but I'm also confused at the instructions given on how to use your ASI tool. The how to use section for it doesnt specify where exactly I need to copy the contents of the ASI download, and the dinput8.dll file is not in that download or mentioned in your main post. While I think this is common knowledge for others here, for people unfamiliar with the how these tools generally work, I think it would be good to quickly explain the initial steps on what to do before going into details like Ini settings and whatnot.
I was initially confused as well, but I finally figured it out. When you extract the compressed file, it creates a folder named ASKMK11v1.1.1 that contains ASIMK11.asi and ASIMK11.ini and it ALSO creates dinput8.dll OUTSIDE of that folder. All three files need to be copied into the Retail folder. Hope this helps.
I extracted using the default directory titled ASKMK11v1.1.1 and I dont see any .dll files in my downloads folder or inside the ASKMK11v1.1.1 folder that is located in my downloads folder.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

@fu11m3ta11 and @New Newbot.
You are both right, this was an error on my end that I forgot to include dinput8.dll. I'm unsure how that escaped me. Apologies to both of you, I will be fixing a bug in the ASI and uploading v1.2 with the dll already included. For now the dll can be downloaded from here https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate- ... r/releases

rudiano wrote:Im trying to do friendship swap and so I did the following:
copied ASIMK11.asi, ASIMK11.ini and dinput8.dll to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mortal Kombat 11\Binaries\Retail
Created MKSwap/Asset folder in the root directory, I tried robocop to rambo by copying the Robocop_Friendship.XXX into this folder and renamed it to Rambo_Friendship.XXX, but when I do the friendship it works but everything is all grey like the textures are gone, here is an image:
what am I doing wrong? thanks TheThiny
That's because you need a PSF file that robocop doesn't have. Open the X64TOC.txt file in the main folder and copy the Rambo_Friendship.PSF line and duplicate it, and make it Robocop_Friendshsip.PSF (now you have 2 lines). Then copy the file Rambo_Friendship.PSF into the MKSwap folder and rename it to Robocop.

rudiano
Mortal

Post by rudiano »

thethiny wrote:@fu11m3ta11 and @New Newbot.
You are both right, this was an error on my end that I forgot to include dinput8.dll. I'm unsure how that escaped me. Apologies to both of you, I will be fixing a bug in the ASI and uploading v1.2 with the dll already included. For now the dll can be downloaded from here https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate- ... r/releases

rudiano wrote:Im trying to do friendship swap and so I did the following:
what am I doing wrong? thanks TheThiny
That's because you need a PSF file that robocop doesn't have. Open the X64TOC.txt file in the main folder and copy the Rambo_Friendship.PSF line and duplicate it, and make it Robocop_Friendshsip.PSF (now you have 2 lines). Then copy the file Rambo_Friendship.PSF into the MKSwap folder and rename it to Robocop.
Its weird but I have no X64TOC.txt file in the main folder, I even verified the files through stream and it still isnt there. Where can I get this file from?
I tried to do other friendships swaps, I copied Spawn_Friendship.XXX into the MKSwap/Aseet folder and renamed it to SubZero_Friendship.XXX but the game crahses when I try to use it :(

edit: I tried Rain swap to SubZero and it works fine except for the ending, look what happens to the water in his hand
https://i.imgur.com/ZzCGZLE.jpg
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

rudiano wrote: Its weird but I have no X64TOC.txt file in the main folder, I even verified the files through stream and it still isnt there. Where can I get this file from?
I tried to do other friendships swaps, I copied Spawn_Friendship.XXX into the MKSwap/Aseet folder and renamed it to SubZero_Friendship.XXX but the game crahses when I try to use it :(

edit: I tried Rain swap to SubZero and it works fine except for the ending, look what happens to the water in his hand
https://i.imgur.com/ZzCGZLE.jpg
That's because of the same problem. For friendships just swap the mko file, don't swap the xxx files as Friendships are really buggy.

Do you know where to find the Asset folder? X64TOC.txt is in the same folder as the Asset Folder, same fodler as MKSwap, same folder as everything else.
If you don't find it then that means they removed it this update and it is NO LONGER required, so you can go ahead and just place the files manually in the MKSwap folder without the TOC.

Edit:
Yes X64TOC is no longer required.

Firstballot
Mortal

Post by Firstballot »

Do these swaps work for full character swaps?
For example, could I use Kabal with Baraka’s move set?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Firstballot wrote:Do these swaps work for full character swaps?
For example, could I use Kabal with Baraka’s move set?
MKO swap? Yes. If you want the variations then you have to do the Ini Swap which I didn't write yet.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”