_ix_
Warrior
Side: Light
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

PSA for Modders: My account was temporarily banned

Post by _ix_ »

Public Service Announcement

I REALLY don't want anyone to PANIC over this, or overreact, but yesterday my alternate account (used for modding and testing) was BANNED from connecting to the MK11 servers.

The ban was temporary and it is working properly again today.

Of note, I am creating a new MK11 stage for offline usage. I have successfully managed to load it (with the previous version of MK11) but while testing it yesterday I got a popup with the dreaded message, as per the image in annex.

Just a reminder that those of us testing things for the community are more exposed to this issue, BUT that even after testing, THERE'S ALWAYS a risk involved in using mods / unlocker and YOU are responsible for its usage, not the person who provided the mod / unlocker. It is NOT WITHOUT RISK.
Attachments
20201025013124_1.jpg

I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: PSA for Modders: My account was temporarily banned

Post by thethiny »

One thing to add to this is that only accounts that use family sharing get banned, my accounts that I use for testing and are alternate accounts get banned, my primary one is still safe.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
bhukargaming
Mortal

Post by bhukargaming »

thethiny wrote:One thing to add to this is that only accounts that use family sharing get banned, my accounts that I use for testing and are alternate accounts get banned, my primary one is still safe.

what do you mean by than the main account gets banned ? or the account we use by family sharing
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

bhukargaming wrote:what do you mean by than the main account gets banned ? or the account we use by family sharing
Steam has family sharing to avoid buying a game

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
daniel7lievano
Warrior

Post by daniel7lievano »

_ix_ wrote:Public Service Announcement

I REALLY don't want anyone to PANIC over this, or overreact, but yesterday my alternate account (used for modding and testing) was BANNED from connecting to the MK11 servers.

Of note, I am creating a new MK11 stage for offline usage. I have successfully managed to load it (with the previous version of MK11) but while testing it yesterday I got a popup with the dreaded message, as per the image in annex.

Just a reminder that those of us testing things for the community are more exposed to this issue, BUT that even after testing, THERE'S ALWAYS a risk involved in using mods / unlocker and YOU are responsible for its usage, not the person who provided the mod / unlocker. It is NOT WITHOUT RISK.
How long was your ban? I was banned too exactly as your case. I'm unistalling and installing the game
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

daniel7lievano wrote:

How long was your ban? I was banned too exactly as your case. I'm unistalling and installing the game
My ban over lifted overnight, i.e. the next day I used the latest version of the game and the account was no longer banned. I didn't do anything else except wait 1 day, and use the latest version of the game.

Hope your account is "unbanned" too.
daniel7lievano
Warrior

Post by daniel7lievano »

_ix_ wrote:
daniel7lievano wrote:

My ban over lifted overnight, i.e. the next day I used the latest version of the game and the account was no longer banned. I didn't do anything else except wait 1 day, and use the latest version of the game.

Hope your account is "unbanned" too.
Hello, my ban lasted 24 hours. I'm unbanned right now. Next time will listen to you and be more patient. Thanks a lot
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

daniel7lievano wrote:Hello, my ban lasted 24 hours. I'm unbanned right now. Next time will listen to you and be more patient. Thanks a lot
Good to hear that your account was also unbanned.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”