How to extract and visualize MK11 animations

_ix_
Warrior
Side: Light
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

How to extract and visualize MK11 animations

Post by _ix_ »

A fellow MK11 fan (akderebur) has created a great tool to visualize MK11 animations.

I used it to have Ermac do the Wishi Dragon Grotto sword animation.

You will need some tools to do this, that you can find in his thread here:
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23091

This user also has a video tutorial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcqxbsRcUqk

Enjoy and give him/her some credit if you use this tool.

I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
_ix_
Warrior

Re: How to extract and visualize MK11 animations

Post by _ix_ »

Some more Krypt animations that are unseen / unused, extracted from the game files.

KayGeeYT
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by KayGeeYT »

_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

That's nice but you should tell people what animations you are using, otherwise they may think new stuff is coming.

In that example you reused Shang's animations on Krypt Reptile and Krypt Ermac. Why not phrase it like that?

Also, I suggest you give some credit to the creator of the tool (akderebur). He's done a great job and a little recognition goes a long way. Maybe we'll have more features soon.

If you have other animations, feel free to post them ;)
Sentinel
Mortal

Post by Sentinel »

I try myself to do following with these tools: recreate my character but in a ice clone win position with one hands up.

Im on half way: however i can recreate from the parts the ninja suit, but animation not works and i cant convert any animation phase and export example in a 3D editor.

Will be a nice feature to export the modell in any move phase.

But the app is not bad, maybe later will be more smarter.
Attachments
test.jpg
ninja.jpg
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

Sentinel wrote:I try myself to do following with these tools: recreate my character but in a ice clone win position with one hands up.

Im on half way: however i can recreate from the parts the ninja suit, but animation not works and i cant convert any animation phase and export example in a 3D editor.

Will be a nice feature to export the modell in any move phase.

But the app is not bad, maybe later will be more smarter.
Are you trying to do something like this?

If you, you need to use the animation file called Brutality_Victory_RobotsRule_Loop.AnimSequence that you can find on the CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets file. Once you have your file exported and you can see the animation in Noesis, you can export it to any 3D manipulation program, just choose the correct format.

Hope this helps.
Sentinel
Mortal

Post by Sentinel »

Thank you for the help, uncompress start by the marked CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets.XXX file, however i have copyed CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets.PSF, mk11_model.exe unable to uncompress animations from the file. I have found a updated version of exe: mk11_model_morph_mirror.exe this run longer, but still no sequence files in anim. Looks like i need wait till somebody can do unpack this file:(
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

Sentinel wrote:Thank you for the help, uncompress start by the marked CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets.XXX file, however i have copyed CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets.PSF, mk11_model.exe unable to uncompress animations from the file. I have found a updated version of exe: mk11_model_morph_mirror.exe this run longer, but still no sequence files in anim. Looks like i need wait till somebody can do unpack this file:(
That's strange. The extraction process works well for me. Just to check you also have the file oo2core_5_win64.dll in the same folder as the extractor, correct ? If not, you need to put it there too.
Sentinel
Mortal

Post by Sentinel »

Yeah, i know without the dll wont start the unpack. I have copyied this file in the dir, maybe im using the wrong version of unpacker, the developer shared more version. But i dont know, i will try later again, however i gived up. Also still not clear for me how can i export anything with this app, if animation would played. But thanks for these advise.
Sentinel
Mortal

Post by Sentinel »

I think the problem was, because the source forum description is chaotic and not complete, maybe i have used different version unpacker. I need myself resolve how can i use this ,,animation app" . After 1 hour search, i have found from the lot files the good one what have inside the animation for the classic victory pose. After i have transformed the result to fbx and in blender i have moved into the last anim position. As last step, because ear stay out on head (the modell using a full human body) not was cutted during merge with this ,,app" , i need cut down manual.

Here is the classic victory pose photo with the modern classic skin, thanks for the advise.
Attachments
subzerovicfix.jpg
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

Sentinel wrote:I think the problem was, because the source forum description is chaotic and not complete, maybe i have used different version unpacker. I need myself resolve how can i use this ,,animation app" . After 1 hour search, i have found from the lot files the good one what have inside the animation for the classic victory pose. After i have transformed the result to fbx and in blender i have moved into the last anim position. As last step, because ear stay out on head (the modell using a full human body) not was cutted during merge with this ,,app" , i need cut down manual.

Here is the classic victory pose photo with the modern classic skin, thanks for the advise.
Good that you got it to work. Feel free to share your creations around here. People like seeing new stuff.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”