SWAPPING MOVESETS

JakoryJman
Mortal

SWAPPING MOVESETS

Post by JakoryJman »

How do you swap movesets with another character?

UPDATE: I figured out how to do it. Though, I don't want to replace the full characters moveset. Just a few things. For example, I wanted to mix up moves with Frost and Sub-Zero. Something like that. Any tips would be appreciated.

alexanderfox
Warrior
Side: Light

Re: SWAPPING MOVESETS

Post by alexanderfox »

JakoryJman wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:01 am How do you swap movesets with another character?

UPDATE: I figured out how to do it. Though, I don't want to replace the full characters moveset. Just a few things. For example, I wanted to mix up moves with Frost and Sub-Zero. Something like that. Any tips would be appreciated.
You can pick subzero and call some frost's moves using mk11hook by ermaccer. Or pick frost and call sub's moves. To do that:
  • Go to script tab of the hook
  • In soruce type the character that you want to use moves from (CHAR_Subzero.mko, CHAR_Scorpion.mko, etc). You can find those names in MKScript folder.
  • In the function type the move. To find moves open .mko file in Hex editor and look for strings starting with "pFunc".
JakoryJman
Mortal

Post by JakoryJman »

Thanks, I know how to do that!

I came across something else. For example, thethiny mentioned something about a colescend file being extracted with dfpslayer but my coalesced file keeps reading “not a supported dfp encrypted file”

What I’m using this for is so that whenever I replace a moveset or intro, or fatality, I won’t have to mirror match it with whoever I’m using. If there’s any way to fix that, I’d greatly appreciate it.

I also have ASIMK11 and the mod loader successfully working. It’s the .ini file in my MK11 configuration folder that can’t be decrypted for some reason. I watched thethiny’s video but that’s the only thing stopping me
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

JakoryJman wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:34 pm Thanks, I know how to do that!

I came across something else. For example, thethiny mentioned something about a colescend file being extracted with dfpslayer but my coalesced file keeps reading “not a supported dfp encrypted file”

What I’m using this for is so that whenever I replace a moveset or intro, or fatality, I won’t have to mirror match it with whoever I’m using. If there’s any way to fix that, I’d greatly appreciate it.

I also have ASIMK11 and the mod loader successfully working. It’s the .ini file in my MK11 configuration folder that can’t be decrypted for some reason. I watched thethiny’s video but that’s the only thing stopping me
You don't have to use dfpslayer because the game doesn't have denuvo any more. Just use coalesced tools.
JakoryJman
Mortal

Post by JakoryJman »

How do I access them? I open them up in notepad but there's like a million things inside of it.
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

JakoryJman wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:39 am How do I access them? I open them up in notepad but there's like a million things inside of it.
you have to open X64steam-MK11Game.ini and find this section:

Code: Select all

[CHAR.Template.mAssetDefinition]
then follow instructions Here
JakoryJman
Mortal

Post by JakoryJman »

Where do I find that? In the app data right? The only INI file I see are just regular options.

UPDATE: I got everything good, but I can't figure out where to paste the edited code for my character swap. And I don't know where to put the MK11Game.ini because the edits I am making are not loading up. Everything else is in the right files.
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

JakoryJman wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:42 pm Where do I find that? In the app data right? The only INI file I see are just regular options.

UPDATE: I got everything good, but I can't figure out where to paste the edited code for my character swap. And I don't know where to put the MK11Game.ini because the edits I am making are not loading up. Everything else is in the right files.
you have to recompile it and put it in the config folder or put it in the MKSwap folder if using ASIMK11

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

JakoryJman wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:42 pm Where do I find that? In the app data right? The only INI file I see are just regular options.

Ok here is a full guide on how to do that kind of swap.
  • Extract MK11 coalesced.ini. As i can see, you know how to do that.
  • Open the file extract/$ConfigDir$/X64steam-MK11Game.ini.
  • Find this section:

• Copy the section like this:

<Original section>

<Your copied section>

• Then edit your copied section according to what you want to get
    Example, scorpion with sub's sub's moveset:

[CHAR_Scorpion.mAssetDefinition]
    mPaletteKey=SCO
    mCharScript=CHAR_SubZero.mko
    mCharScriptAssetPackage=CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets
    mCharCommonScriptAssetPackage=CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets
    mCharacterAssetPath=Disk.Characters.CHAR.SCO.SCO_ASSET.SCO_CharacterAsset
    mCAPDefinitionsPath=Disk.Characters.CHAR.SCO.SCO_ASSET.SCO_CapAsset
    mAssetRootPath=Disk.Characters.CHAR
    mDefaultPreset=SCO_DefaultPreset
    mCAPPackages=("GearAssets_SCO_ScriptAssets")
    mCharPackages=("CHAR_SCO_ScriptAssets", "CHAR_SUB_ScriptAssets")

• After all edits are done save the file and run Repack.bat and type ini in the command prompt. A new coalesced.ini will appear that will contain your changes. You can now copy this file to your config foulder or MKSwap foulder if you use ASIMK11.
Hope this helps. Question: are you trashboat on youtube?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”