How to extract Character's audio (speech)from the game files

_ix_
Warrior
Side: Light
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

How to extract Character's audio (speech)from the game files

Post by _ix_ »

Not (yet) a mod, but if you are interested in extracting character's audio (speech) from intros, outros, end of round taunts, fatalities, friendships, etc from the gamefiles, you can do the following:
  • Download the Ravioli Game Tools
  • Start the RExtractor.exe tool
  • You need to select the correct input file to extract.
  • For example, if you want Spawn's English lines, use the input file GEARASSETS_SPA_ScriptAssets_ENG.PSF. These files are on the Asset folder (under the MK11 installation folder). You can also choose another language for these files.
  • Select the output directory you want.
Under options, select the following:
  • Create subdirectory for each input file
  • Convert images to (leave unchecked)
  • Convert sounds to Ogg Vorbis (if you select Mp3 it will not work properly)
  • Fallback sound format to Wave
  • Archive type (leave unchecked)
  • Allow scanning of unknown files
Then hit start. Once it's done you will have lots of files called Filexxxx.ogg or Filexxxx-broken.ogg. Just use a good audio player capable of playing ogg / wav files and have fun.

There are some lines that characters say, that were not included in the game.
;) Particularly the lines from Kronika interacting with the different players, Cyrax and Sektor's interactions too.

As a sample I included some of Cetrion's lines and Kronika's audio files, where she can be heard interacting with the other characters. Does this mean she will be a playable character with intros and outros already recorded?

Enjoy.
Attachments
Kronika.rar
Kronika interacting with other characters.
(374.69 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Cetrion_lines.rar
Some Cetrion lines
(139.11 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
Kabalstein03
Mortal

Re: How to extract Character's audio (speech)from the game f

Post by Kabalstein03 »

Awesome, went through Kabal's voice lines, you can actually notice the filter they use for the Revenant version. And do you know where could I find the sound effects?
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

Kabalstein03 wrote:Awesome, went through Kabal's voice lines, you can actually notice the filter they use for the Revenant version. And do you know where could I find the sound effects?
Sound effects can be found on the XXX files, e.g. CHAR_KAB_ScriptAssets.XXX and GEARASSETS_KAB_ScriptAssets.XXX.

To uncompress XXX files you need to use the same tool as described on the post to extract 3D models.

After you use that tool you will have some *.unp files. Run Ravioli tools on those unp files and you'll have the sound effect files.

Hope this helps.
SiriusAlpha
Mortal

Post by SiriusAlpha »

Excuse me, but I cannot find the hit and death sound effects of many of the characters including Subzero, Kano, and Jax. Do you have any idea in which file can I find them?

PS. I found scorpion's in file [SND_VOICEBUNDLE_SCO_ScriptAssets.XXX], but there's no such files for the mentioned characters and many other characters.
PSS. I checked that my game runs well and the sound of those characters are normal, which means there might not be a loss of files.

Thank you for any kind of help!
_ix_
Warrior

Post by _ix_ »

SiriusAlpha wrote:Excuse me, but I cannot find the hit and death sound effects of many of the characters including Subzero, Kano, and Jax. Do you have any idea in which file can I find them?

PS. I found scorpion's in file [SND_VOICEBUNDLE_SCO_ScriptAssets.XXX], but there's no such files for the mentioned characters and many other characters.
PSS. I checked that my game runs well and the sound of those characters are normal, which means there might not be a loss of files.

Thank you for any kind of help!
Did you find all the sounds you wanted? The main thing is to understand the structure of where to find what type of sound.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”