How to Intro Swap / Moveset Swap / Fatality Swap + ModLoader

DravenNordGod
Mortal

Re: How to Intro Swap / Moveset Swap / Fatality Swap + ModLo

Post by DravenNordGod »

Hey guys, does someone know if it's possible to perform an intro swap (with the mod in this thread) on an ini swapped character??
It works fine until the dialogue part begins, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something

_ix_
Warrior
Side: Light
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

Post by _ix_ »

DravenNordGod wrote:Hey guys, does someone know if it's possible to perform an intro swap (with the mod in this thread) on an ini swapped character??
It works fine until the dialogue part begins, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something
Like this?

You just need to make sure you have the correct filenames for the intro swap. See below what I used for this video. Make sure Cetrion and Raiden only have their 3 (C) intro activated on the variation you will be using.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-10-09 134458.png
I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
garywood
Mortal

Post by garywood »

Hi, can anyone help me out with this?

I'm trying to do the moveset swap by editing the ini file, but it's not working.

I've:
-Decrypted Coalesced.ini with dfpslayer.exe
-Extracted the resulting file using the MKX tools
-Edited the extracted X64steam-MK11Game.ini file in the way thethiny suggested earlier in this thread. Putting a new [CHAR_JAX.mAssetDefinition] section after the Robocop one (the last one).
-Repacked the Coalesced.ini and put back into the Config folder for the game.
-Game doesn't run at all.

I'm guessing the part I'm missing is to re-encrypt the Coalesced.ini back to its original state, but I'm not sure what program does that? I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere? Help please!
Thanks!
DravenNordGod
Mortal

Post by DravenNordGod »

garywood wrote:Hi, can anyone help me out with this?

I'm trying to do the moveset swap by editing the ini file, but it's not working.

I've:
-Decrypted Coalesced.ini with dfpslayer.exe
-Extracted the resulting file using the MKX tools
-Edited the extracted X64steam-MK11Game.ini file in the way thethiny suggested earlier in this thread. Putting a new [CHAR_JAX.mAssetDefinition] section after the Robocop one (the last one).
-Repacked the Coalesced.ini and put back into the Config folder for the game.
-Game doesn't run at all.

I'm guessing the part I'm missing is to re-encrypt the Coalesced.ini back to its original state, but I'm not sure what program does that? I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere? Help please!
Thanks!

Do you have MK11. exe patched?
That's the only thing I can think of if you say your game doesn't run

You can download the latest patch in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=47295&start=45
DravenNordGod
Mortal

Post by DravenNordGod »

_ix_ wrote:
DravenNordGod wrote:Hey guys, does someone know if it's possible to perform an intro swap (with the mod in this thread) on an ini swapped character??
Like this?

You just need to make sure you have the correct filenames for the intro swap. See below what I used for this video. Make sure Cetrion and Raiden only have their 3 (C) intro activated on the variation you will be using.
Still nothing.
It works with normal (not ini swapped) characters, but when it comes to the ini swapped ones, it crashes when the dialogue part starts (both mirrored and not mirrored matches). My best guess is that it's trying to call the dialogue of another character, but if that's the case I have no idea how to fix it :(
garywood
Mortal

Post by garywood »

DravenNordGod wrote:
Do you have MK11. exe patched?
That's the only thing I can think of if you say your game doesn't run
Ah yes, that must have been it. It runs now. Although now I have another issue. Gave Cassie the Terminator's moveset and I get this.

I assume you need to change something about the skeleton too? Or can you only share between characters that have the same skeleton size?

When I used the cheat table moveset swap, this didn't happen at all. So I assume it must be fixable?
_ix_
Warrior
PSN: PC player
XBox Live: PC player

Post by _ix_ »

DravenNordGod wrote: Still nothing.
It works with normal (not ini swapped) characters, but when it comes to the ini swapped ones, it crashes when the dialogue part starts (both mirrored and not mirrored matches). My best guess is that it's trying to call the dialogue of another character, but if that's the case I have no idea how to fix it :(
Without seeing what you are doing, and any error message it's difficult to troubleshoot. I suggest you start small, making the intro swap working properly, and then add the moveset swap.
garywood wrote: Ah yes, that must have been it. It runs now. Although now I have another issue. Gave Cassie the Terminator's moveset and I get this.

I assume you need to change something about the skeleton too? Or can you only share between characters that have the same skeleton size?

When I used the cheat table moveset swap, this didn't happen at all. So I assume it must be fixable?
That looks weird as hell, but I can't help you there as I've never changed a character via the ini file (only krypt guy).
I enjoy making MK11 videos from different angles - Check it out on YT
garywood
Mortal

Post by garywood »

I've confirmed that it happens with any character that has a different skeleton size (as listed earlier in the ini file).

The other thing I'm still trying to figure out, is whether you can swap the special abilities that come with the different Variations for each character. The ones you usually have to set through the menu. Those don't seem to transfer with the moveswap, either the ini version or the cheatengine version. Anyone got any ideas on that? Thanks
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

DravenNordGod wrote: Still nothing.
you can add more than one character name into the mCAPDefinitions and the line after it. So if you want to swap Raiden with Cetrion and play against Sonya, you need to have Raiden's files and Cetrion's files under Raiden's ini section. It should be something like this:
("CHAR_RAI_SCRIPTASSETS", "CHAR_CET_SCRIPTASSETS")
and the other one would be GEARASSETS.
ScriptAssets contains intro/outro/fatality stuff while GearAssets contains the color palette and the models.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
garywood
Mortal

Post by garywood »

Any idea on the Variations abilities @thethiny? You seem to know the most about this!
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

garywood wrote:Any idea on the Variations abilities @thethiny? You seem to know the most about this!
Cheat Engine. I never tried because there are too many. just swap ABILITY_1 with ABILITY_2 for example.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
garywood
Mortal

Post by garywood »

thethiny wrote:
garywood wrote:Any idea on the Variations abilities @thethiny? You seem to know the most about this!
Cheat Engine. I never tried because there are too many. just swap ABILITY_1 with ABILITY_2 for example.
Is there a ct file for that? Or are you saying I'd need to go and do the whole debugging stuff to find them myself?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

garywood wrote:
thethiny wrote:
Is there a ct file for that? Or are you saying I'd need to go and do the whole debugging stuff to find them myself?
Literally search for a "string value" for it. That's what the CT file does, just searches for a string lol.

garywood
Mortal

Post by garywood »

I'm a complete noob with cheat engine, so not entirely sure how you'd go about this.

I've searched for the strings for the actual ability names, and found a series of addresses for those, but at what point would you try and swap them? In the customisation menu? In the character load screen? Or in the actual level?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

garywood wrote:I'm a complete noob with cheat engine, so not entirely sure how you'd go about this.

I've searched for the strings for the actual ability names, and found a series of addresses for those, but at what point would you try and swap them? In the customisation menu? In the character load screen? Or in the actual level?
After you press on a character but before you select a variation.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”