Model Replacement - Theory

Vahiur
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Model Replacement - Theory

Post by Vahiur »

this sub-forum is practically dead but i'll post this anyway, not sure if its even the right place to do so

i'm talking about model replacement, for example, Reptile, Ermac and Smoke exists as models in-game, using Scorpion as a model base with a reskin.

in theory, is it possible to use these models and replace it with Scorpion or any other kombatant for that matter? you could even retexture the fire to fit the specified characters

i'm not making any kind of request, just curious as if it were possible or not. i'm aware texture replacement mods exists, i'm talking about an entire model replacement however.

Peace is a lie.
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: Model Replacement - Theory

Post by thethiny »

Vahiur wrote:this sub-forum is practically dead but i'll post this anyway, not sure if its even the right place to do so

i'm talking about model replacement, for example, Reptile, Ermac and Smoke exists as models in-game, using Scorpion as a model base with a reskin.

in theory, is it possible to use these models and replace it with Scorpion or any other kombatant for that matter? you could even retexture the fire to fit the specified characters

i'm not making any kind of request, just curious as if it were possible or not. i'm aware texture replacement mods exists, i'm talking about an entire model replacement however.
Is it theoretically possible? Yes.
Is it currently doable? No.

MK11 uses custom models and then they use custom texture methods so it would first need to be reverse engineered. And if you want to swap models in memory then you have to find the model and swap it, which gonna me like a huge file, which would make it almost impossible to do. The current theory is to swap the hashes of the models to allow the game to load other models, but this was something I was working on in my PackageManager (you can find it on my github) that I never got the time to finish it. I will go back to it after my Unlocker is done.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”