Trainer/Cheat Engine script/hack to TURN OFF DAMAGE SCALING

Sablicious
Apprentice

Trainer/Cheat Engine script/hack to TURN OFF DAMAGE SCALING

Post by Sablicious »

I'd like to switch of the game's irksome "damage scaling" -- the code that causes successive attacks landed, to loss strength the longer a combination extends for.

This is done for competitive balance (a lazy way of balancing a fighting game, in other words). However, for non competitive play, it's a disincentive to learn and use more advanced combos; and most of all, it's unsatisfying (esp. for chars. like Bane of Darkseid - powerhouses that should inflict 'boss' level damage).

Such a CE script does in fact exist for Injustice (1) already -- here: http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=3396 -- so the process is indeed possible.

Why fighting game developers do not add such an option be default, is beyond me. The "gear" in IJ2 already destroys the so-called "balance" anyway (assuming the roster is balanced in the first place, which it's not), and itself is optional / togglable. The same should be done for the inherent damage scaling.

A really horrible modern day fighting game design trope that should not be forced on everyone...

Lord Dragu
Master

Re: Trainer/Cheat Engine script/hack to TURN OFF DAMAGE SCAL

Post by Lord Dragu »

Sorry this is not possible. Injustice 2 does have anti-cheat system and Closes the moment you try to run Cheat eNGINE
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
DickChapy
Warrior

Post by DickChapy »

Scaling isn't a "lazy" way to balance fighting games. Basically any fighting game considered balanced in any way has it. But for your request I doubt it'll happen because Injustice 2 has denuvo DRM and that makes CE not work.
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

@Lord Dragu

Well, the website "Cheat Happens" already has a trainer for the game, so it's clearly possible. That, and the game will inevitably be "cracked", somewhere down the track; so, people will [eventually] get around its gestapos DRM. Lastly, I've already hooked the CE to the game and it does not crash (NB: Sniper Elite 4 does crash when CE is launched -- but that can be gotten around by launching the program "unsigned").

However, after trying to modify the game's in-game currency, it spat out a "Game executable compromised" error and subsequently wiped my currency clean (*the "gear" etc. remained intact). So... I don't recommend trying it unless one is well versed at game-hacking and also only when using an 'expendable' save file...

The Denuvo DRM is not there to protect from cheating. Rather, from tampering with the game's executable files (see: "Denuvo anti-tamper") -- such that the game will not launch without verifying its user / game integrity. The system (given how Draconian it's getting, in attempt to stay ahead of ingenuitive hackers) may end up flagging certain other programs that hook to a game; but that's and offshoot and not by design... and is potentially a big problem (if the DRM reacts to benign programs, like Xpadder or Fraps etc.).
---

@DickChapy

Actually, "damage scaling" is a more recent phenomenon (in terms of the history of the fighting game genre) and very closely correlated to the e-sports / competitive scene. Fighting games prior to the c.2000's, rarely (if ever) employed such restrictions. Granted -- the system does need to be in place in competitive matches, for them to have some semblance of fairness and balance (*for brevity, ignoring the fact that highly skewed tiers list exist for every fight-game, and that most "pros" gravitate towards a very select group of chars.). However, it's not the only -- much less, best -- way to go about balancing a game ―

For one thing, damage scaling disincetivises combo experimentation and "styling" -- goading players to rote-repeat "BnB" combos -- rarely exploring the intricacies of the game's mechanics (*where applicable; as fighters are becoming increasingly more shallow... *coughSFVcough*, thereby limiting how a player can express themselves by default). Another downside is that it renders some attacks, like "supers", next to useless and heavily skewed towards casual titillation--over being the efficacious tools they're meant to be. Any super used at the end of even a moderate combo string, is scaled so heavily that it's a waste of meter to employ it that way -- leaving only "YOLO" use... and even then doing piddly damage, compared to what four (IJ2), separate uses of the meter can yield (*some "meter burn" combos do decidedly more damage than a raw super {and are easier to land} in IJ2, making the one cut-scene super a novelty at best, and promotional trailer fodder in effect). And, in the case of Injustice 2, having "burns", "clashes" AND "supers", all tied to one, solitary meter, really is the definition of a 'cluster-flock' of mechanics lumbered into one, overburdened system of control...!

A far better method for balancing such games, would be to scale normal combo string only, and leave all combo-ending specials, meter-burnt specials and supers, unscaled. Another way would be to employ a system whereby damage output is relative to game momentum -- if you're dominating and the other guy is being pummelled, they (as logic would dictate) take more damage (*think of it as a replacement for the archaic "stun" mechanic that, say, the Street Fighter series won't let go of). I'm just spit-ballin' here, and this discussion is dissertation-worthy; not the thing of mere trainer request posts in a modding forum. But, as can be seen, there are many other ways of going about achieving the fighting genre's go-to meme "balance", than just simplistic universal, generic damage scaling.

To cut a long story short, the "meters" in games are there to represent "spirit" or magic power (unless you're talking about "desperation attacks", à la the old(er) school SNK games--which is a different area entirely) -- something one should, by all rights, gain from playing well; not for being beat down. The core problem of today's fighting games (i.e., fight-game designers) is that they're so caught up in pandering to ADD millennials (read: the easy-to-fleece cash cows of the consumer market) -- who want only to be indulged like babies, not rewarded for hard work -- that they forget what the fundamentals of fighting games are supposed to be:
THE FANTASTICAL REPRESENTATION OF REAL-WORLD FIGHTING IN VIDEO GAMING FORM.

Another piece of tangential evidence of this "indulgence over reward" mantra, manifests in the form of the defensive systems that fighting games sport -- usually little more than the 'wooden block' guard mechanic, garnished with perhaps some gimmicky, token "reversal" system or the like. The first thing anyone trains when learning to fight, is to defend. Fighting games seem to do the opposite -- gifting players easy-to-execute, grandiose ratta-tat-tat combo strings and cinematic supers attacks, but with little attention paid to a given game's defensive system. With such a philosophy, there will never again be another Evo '04 "Daigo full parry" moment on the competitive fighting games stage -- no matter how many sponsors jump on board or how big streaming crowds get... which is a very sad prospect indeed... perhaps even a 'terminally', in time.

If a game has to rely on obtrusive, ham-fistedly implemented balancing, like universal damage scaling -- such that it homogenises character archetypes and compromises the use of other key game mechanics -- it is a clear and present sign of lazy, amateurish and imprudent game design; and that the fundamentals of the fighting game genre are misunderstood and / or not care for.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

I don't have the game, so I have no idea what type of Anti-Cheat system it has in place, but if it uses EasyAntiCheat, I can help you get around it, so that you can use cheat engine to alter memory regions. Anti-Cheat software, in General, locks memory and any attempt to tamper with the memory results in a crash. So even though you can hook the exe in Cheat Engine, you can't alter the memory regions, unless you bypass the Anti-Cheat system, which could explain why it keeps crashing on you.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

They're fighting over whether Denuvo uses it or not.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

Yea I got that. But, Denuvo isn't what's preventing the use of Cheat Engine.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

UncleFestor wrote:Yea I got that. But, Denuvo isn't what's preventing the use of Cheat Engine.
It's MICROTRANSACTION system. Can you deal with it?
Never expected Netherrealm to fall so lowly as to make Microtransactions in their PAID games.
Repeat PAID games this is not FreeToPlay game. And the DLC is triple the game price! How more do they want?
People need to BAN games that have micros so all those GREEDY companies like EA and WB learn the PAIN of being arrogant and greedy and that their customers wont buy their scam products.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

If it's the microtransaction system then we shouldn't trigger their flags. I will try (once I get the game) to attach an app to it that will tell me where it crashes. The call that crashed it will be our thing to bypass.

@Lord Dragu
this is the app, try it. http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

According to the "Fearless Cheat Engine" forum, one user said that it is the anti-cheat system that causes the CE to crash the game, if it is hooked to it while the game syncs online.

This makes sense, as when I tried to use CE, it hooks to the game alright, and even finds values -- but it CTD's with a "executable compromised" error once I try to change something and it contacts the server (*can be discerned by the 'stuttering' that plagues the game during loot box / gear related access).

The worst thing about the game's loot box system design is that they tied actual character special attack unlockables to the RNG "mother boxes"! That is, the characters can unlock up to 6~7 new, additional special attacks and assign up to two at any one time--to augment their default arsenal (*some replace other attacks, where--I guess--NRS saw move 'clashes' occurring). Two of said specials unlock via game experience level progression (levels 10 and 20) -- which is fine -- but the others are all randomly generated from loot boxes. At GameFaqs, one players said they opened "thousands" of loot boxes, but still never received a single special move for a particular character! (...albeit, unlocking the full suite for others).

So, what the aforementioned in effect means, is that many players many never actually experience the full special moves repertoire of their chosen character/s -- given the unlocking of said moves is accomplished only via the random number generator system; which could mean not a single special attack (besides the two accessed through progression) could potentially ever unlock...!

I think this is the last NRS game I will support, seeing as the MMO-esque direction they're taking their games. Injustice 2 is also rather "dumbed-down" from its predecessor (combos mash out quiet easily now; massive amounts of meter is gained from being pummelled; the clash system is an unashamed crutch {*see preceding point}; the A.I. is notoriously NRS, but is now forced on players--because of the loot box system; many odd rosters choices and omissions; still only a single, solitary super attack... and only one Clash animations, too {despite winning a Clash results in health gain -- hitting someone leeches health... WTF?!}) and just feels more loose and more messy than IJ1. Then you have their shameless DLC fleecing -- ransoming ~25% of their games' rosters as overpriced DLC...

I do not like the direction NRS are taking their wares... not - one - bit.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Sablicious wrote:According to the "Fearless Cheat Engine" forum, one user said that it is the anti-cheat system that causes the CE to crash the game, if it is hooked to it while the game syncs online.

This makes sense, as when I tried to use CE, it hooks to the game alright, and even finds values -- but it CTD's with a "executable compromised" error once I try to change something and it contacts the server (*can be discerned by the 'stuttering' that plagues the game during loot box / gear related access).

The worst thing about the game's loot box system design is that they tied actual character special attack unlockables to the RNG "mother boxes"! That is, the characters can unlock up to 6~7 new, additional special attacks and assign up to two at any one time--to augment their default arsenal (*some replace other attacks, where--I guess--NRS saw move 'clashes' occurring). Two of said specials unlock via game experience level progression (levels 10 and 20) -- which is fine -- but the others are all randomly generated from loot boxes. At GameFaqs, one players said they opened "thousands" of loot boxes, but still never received a single special move for a particular character! (...albeit, unlocking the full suite for others).

So, what the aforementioned in effect means, is that many players many never actually experience the full special moves repertoire of their chosen character/s -- given the unlocking of said moves is accomplished only via the random number generator system; which could mean not a single special attack (besides the two accessed through progression) could potentially ever unlock...!

I think this is the last NRS game I will support, seeing as the MMO-esque direction they're taking their games. Injustice 2 is also rather "dumbed-down" from its predecessor (combos mash out quiet easily now; massive amounts of meter is gained from being pummelled; the clash system is an unashamed crutch {*see preceding point}; the A.I. is notoriously NRS, but is now forced on players--because of the loot box system; many odd rosters choices and omissions; still only a single, solitary super attack... and only one Clash animations, too {despite winning a Clash results in health gain -- hitting someone leeches health... WTF?!}) and just feels more loose and more messy than IJ1. Then you have their shameless DLC fleecing -- ransoming ~25% of their games' rosters as overpriced DLC...

I do not like the direction NRS are taking their wares... not - one - bit.
Well said. I hacked the loot boxes to get 500 gold boxes.
Out of them all I got around 5 abilities.
Chances are super slim for abilities to drop!
Anyway Battlefront 2' EA's game has legal issues now thanks to the same system - loot boxes with random items and MICROTRANSACTIONS. I hope WB and NRS also to get their products banned because of Microtransactions in a XXX price game including DLC!
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

Lord Dragu wrote:I hacked the loot boxes to get 500 gold boxes.
Out of them all I got around 5 abilities.
Chances are super slim for abilities to drop!
Yeah... That's absurd. High level gear is one thing, but moves should not be abused like that. I just got one for Bane at level 17, then the obligatory one at lv20... but that's it. The only non level-associated one I've got is that -- nothing else... and that one was randomly spat out after a garden variety Multiverse bout. A really stupid, miserly and cynicism-inducing way of "rewarding" customer loyalty.

The so-called "RNG" system doesn't even favour the characters one uses most--in any discernible fashion, beside prescribed rewards. I mainly use Bane, Darkseid and Poison Ivy, with my friends jumping with Superman / -girl one weekends; yet, most of the stuff that's divvied is for characters I would never use and would lovingly delete from the HDD if I could! (...Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Cpt. Cold, Cheetah... Really?... They're considered more worthy additions than The Riddler and / or Penguin and / or Two-Face and / or a number of the characters from the last Injustice game...?! :roll: )

How did you manage to hack the boxes?... Using CE? Can anyone do it?
(NB: I'm utterly fed up with grinding the game now and am about to put it away until, at very least, Enchantress is released. The A.I. is nauseating to play against, and actually makes one worse at the game, due to being forced into so much spamming and cheap tactics--in order to beat a CPU that spans lifeless dummy, to 'God Mode'. Moreover, with no way of enabling the progressed characters / profiles for both players (in local versus mode), the loot / extra special attacks are essentially pointless, unless one has a friend to play it with online -- a ridiculous work-around for a basic functionality they overlooked... and, knowing NRS, a bug that might never even end up being fixed!)
Anyway Battlefront 2' EA's game has legal issues now thanks to the same system - loot boxes with random items and MICROTRANSACTIONS. I hope WB and NRS also to get their products banned because of Microtransactions in a XXX price game including DLC!
Yes!... And so they should be taken to task over their blatant casino-like machinations. It's a disgusting practice and little different from "alcopop" alcoholic icy poles or would sidling tobacco into a pepper shaker would be -- they're dissembling something nefarious behind a thin veil of something innocent. What next -- boiled lolies for all prepubescent purchasers of Warn-a-brother licensed products? A personal visit from Harvey Weinstein -- in his bath robe! -- with each purchase by a legal minor...?!

The funny thing is, I posted a trolly thread on the latest Assassin's Creed game's Steam forum a few weeks back -- purporting to be from some official body, announcing that all loot boxes would shortly be put under 'cease and desist' orders, due to their gambling association, and that purchaser of said game should be ready to refund their purchases...!

Quiet a few r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶d̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ dullards took the bait... But now it looks like my trolling may in fact have been Nostradamus-like in its augury! :lol: :twisted:
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

For me, RNG gives me for the characters I want. I mostly get Flash/SubZero. But no abilities. Abilities are ONLY from the plat/diamond boxes.

Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

thethiny wrote:Abilities are ONLY from the plat/diamond boxes.
Incorrect. I got Bane's "Juddernaut" special from a Multiverse bout while I was at level 17... and it wasn't even the final Multiverse match for that mission. I have three(3) extra special attacks for that character now, and not one came from a box (...I've never even gotten a "Diamond" box before).

If the game is all RNG, then it stands to reason that anything can pop up anywhere; albeit, perhaps with more probability in certain instances than others.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

This is the last NRS game I will ever buy.
I may be able to get items and etc via hacking but this MICRO Shit is all that put away any fun from the game. fIRST IT'S very hard to get abilities.... Unless you hack GOLD boxes. Second those skins are locked behind source crystals that can only be obtained via GUESS what... MICRO SHIT!
Sorry this is the end of WB. EA NRS games I will ever buy or support!

Return to “Injustice 2 Mod and Skin Requests”