The Most Informative Mortal Kombat Source on the Web
Mortal Kombat X
Moves and Finishers
Kodes and Secrets
Summary, Discussions, News, Story, Bios, Endings, Comics, Renders, Clips & Trailers, Fatalities, Brutalities
Skins and Mods
MKX, MK9, Injustice, All
Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)
Moves and Finishers
Kodes and Secrets
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Summary, HD Remake
Games: MK1, MKII, UMK3
The History of Mortal Kombat - Episode 07
Watch all Episodes
WorthPlaying has updated with five screenshots from Mortal Kombat: Deception. These screens are identical to the pictures shown in PSM, but they are with a lot better quality. We show you one of them in one of our past updates. So here are the rest:
In an interview taken by Bodzio, the webmaster of our affiliated site Mortal Kombat Center Chris Casamassa, the actor who played Scorpion in Mortal Kombat: The Movie confirmed that he will once again play the evil ninja in the next Mortal Kombat movie. According to the information he shared, the filming must start later this year and the movie will appear in theaters in 2005. Here is a part of the interview:
MK Center: We heard that MK3 Movie is coming, can you tell us Something more about it? Will you play in it ? (as Scorpion of course).
Chris Casamassa: I will be SCORPION It Should start filming later this year and be in theaters 2005. Cant say more I've been sworn to secrecy.
Our affiliate Dave's Mortal Kombat updated with the most important information from the PSM first look at Mortal Kombat: Deception. Here is the information:
- Returning characters Sindel, Nightwolf & Kenshi confirmed
- Unknown character in previous PSM update confirmed to be Sub-Zero's alternate look
- New characters Hotaru (male) & Ashrah (female connection to Raiden currently unknown)
- Background weapons (each with own set of moves) much more powerful than standard weapons which are marked in green
- Good items marked in green and dangerous areas marked in red
- Background stages named: Beetle Lair, Slaughterhouse (with meat grinder fatality), Sky Temple (lighting weather affects), The Netherbelly (interior of Nethership in MK:DA with swinging corpses, multiple floors & monks grab players on walls of ship)
- Article emphasizes on massive multi-tiered background environments (far exceeding MK:DA's stages)
- Stage Fatality: Players thrown into red pane of glass eaten by thousands of insects
- Hari-Kari suicide fatality revealed
- Konquest mode returns: Every character from each Mortal Kombat game appear, player starts as a monk and evolves into skilled customized warrior in village local environment (Grand Theft Auto style & real time affects similar to Shenmue)
- Side Games: Puzzle Kombat & untitled strategy board game (playable online)
- Deception first fighting game online for PlayStation 2
- Storyline picks up immediately after the events of Deadly Alliance
- New boss revealed as the Dragon King
- Two fatalities per character plus one Hari-Kari
IF you look at the Strategy Board Game screenshot on page 62 you will see some familiar characters from MK: DA: Kitana, Quan Chi, Sub-Zero and Scorpion. They all wear their old costumes. On one of the screenshots from Konquest mode you can recognize Bo' Rai Cho. You can also see Smoke (Human) on a consept art image shown on page 60. Will these 4 character (Kitana, Bo' Rai Cho, Quan Chi and Smoke) be playable is still unknown.
Dave's Mortal Kombat also has scans of all pages of the article. Visit the site to see them.
IGN updated their MK: Deception media section with 5 new pictures. Unfortunatelly all of them are already seen in the PSM scanns, that the site uploaded yesterday.
A month ago we informed you that there will be an exclusive first look of Mortal Kombat: Deception in the april issue of PSM. Today IGN uploaded the cover of the magazine and one of the all ten pages. On the cover you can see Sub-Zero's new look. The most important information from the magazine is that they confirmed the return of my favaurite character Noob Saibot. Some of the screenshots show one of the stage fatalities performed by an unknown warrior to Ermac.
Here are the two pages. Click on the images to open IGN's website and see the large versions.