Mortal Kombat X - A Complete Prey Skin Pack Preview

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat X - A Complete Prey Skin Pack Preview

Post by Gambid »

The Prey Skin Pack for Mortal Kombat X will arrive at the same time as the Predator DLC, July 7th for Kombat Pack owners and July 14th for everyone else. The Skin pack features Infrared Scorpion, Carl Weathers Jax and Commando Johnny Cage. We created a video preview with impressions for the three skins included in the pack and you can watch it here:
Infrared Scorpion

The idea here is to simulate one of Predator's vision modes. To be honest, I don't like the skin at the moment. Why, well there are several reasons:
- Its just a cheap repaint of the standard Scorpion skin, so nothing really creative about it.
- Its the 8th skin for the character. I know Scorpion is the most beloved
character in the franchise, but there are plenty of characters who just have 1 or 2.
- I think it will just look weird in the game.
Mortal Kombat X Infrared Scorpion Preview
In spite of all this, I hope that the skin will change my mind when it arrives.

Commando Johnny Cage

At first, nothing really special about it. In fact if you look at the colors it's really close to Hotshot Johnny Cage.

All this disappears however in the moment you realize that the skin is inspired by Arnold's look in the movie. Unfortunately NetherRealm were probably unable to obtain the license for Arnold's face if they tried at all so they went with the next best thing, and they did an amazing job. Take a look at some pictures:
Mortal Kombat X Arnold Schwarzeneger Commando Johnny Cage Comparisson
Carl Weathers Jax

The final skin of the prey pack is also the best one. It's a Carl Weathers Jax. In case you are asking yourself who that is, this is the actor who played Dillon in the predator movie.

Netherrealm has once again done a great job with the resemblance. Take a took at some images:
Mortal Kombat X Carl Weathers Jax Comparisson
Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat X - A Complete Prey Skin Pack Preview

Post by Roy Arkon »

All of the skins look really good, NRS did a great job with the skins.

As for the Scorpion one I'm not sure, I did saw someone play with it and it was cool but it also kinda hurt my eyes to watch, to be honest. Maybe I should just look at that skin a few more times.

Anyway thanks.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Mortal Kombat X - A Complete Prey Skin Pack Preview

Post by Gambid »

I really hope it looks good in the game. Otherwise it's just a missed opportunity.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”