X-Play: Mortal Kombat Hands-On Preview

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

X-Play: Mortal Kombat Hands-On Preview

Post by Gambid »

G4TV has published a Mortal Kombat Hands-On Video Preview. Nothing really new is revealed in this video. However, if you look close enough you may see some shadows fling across the moon on the Pit arena. Ed Boon has also tweeted that there is a hidden character reveal in this video. Let us know if you find something else:
This was our 999th news. The next one should be big.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
frozenworm
Mortal

Re: X-Play: Mortal Kombat Hands-On Preview

Post by frozenworm »

Meat?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Meat? If you mean the character, then what about him. He will probably not be in the game. He is a too minor character. However, I don't see the connection to this news.
I Rule This World!

sans power
Mortal

Re: HIDDEN CHAR REVEAL

Post by sans power »

Ed posted on his twitter account "XPlay's MK preview is up now! See if you can find the hidden character reveal !! http://bit.ly/fYfFVy" and now many rumors are surfacing. People have reported seeing Kano and Frost, however. At 2:57 of the video, Adam brings up the characters and during the discussion a match between Scorpion and Sub-Zero is being played. The match ends at 2:57 and you see a word in the middle of the screen. I can't make out what it says, due to the low resolution, but the first letter I believe is D. You can also see something on the left too, it's directly under the big "6 hits" lettering. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there, but can anyone make out what that says?

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51065/Mortal ... n-Preview/ <<<pause at 2:57

In high definition at 2:57 it says Scorpion wins.

In standard definition at 2:57 it says something else

and in the SD version, it's not Scorpion Wins distorted, it's clearly another word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nshNzG_fkJc
Last edited by sans power on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I picked f***ing random! Like, OK.. Whatever!"
-GokuRen v2
sans power
Mortal

Post by sans power »

Pause at 2:57, you see something in the middle of the screen after Scorpion beats Sub-Zero. It starts with the D and ends in either G, Q, or O. Also, look at the left side of the screen during the same point of the video. It says "I'M" and then I can't make out the next word. It's directly under the big lettering of "6 hits"
-GokuRen v2
mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

it said scorpion wins, then under the 6 hits it says 12% damage.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

it says 12% damage and in the middle of the screen it says scorpion wins.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
sans power
Mortal

Post by sans power »

It says Scorpion wins in the High Definition version

Here's what it says in the standard version

Both versions paused at 2:57, obviously this the hidden character reveal. Ed tried to hide it in the Standard Version, that's why you can't start the Standard Version at 2:57, if you try it just fast-forwards to 3:03. It was edited!

OWNED! YOUTUBE! YOUTUBE!
-GokuRen v2
sans power
Mortal

Post by sans power »

mk master 365 wrote:it said scorpion wins, then under the 6 hits it says 12% damage.
Ed posted on his twitter account "XPlay's MK preview is up now! See if you can find the hidden character reveal !! http://bit.ly/fYfFVy" and now many rumors are surfacing. People have reported seeing Kano and Frost, however. At 2:57 of the video, Adam brings up the characters and during the discussion a match between Scorpion and Sub-Zero is being played. The match ends at 2:57 and you see a word in the middle of the screen. I can't make out what it says, due to the low resolution, but the first letter I believe is D. You can also see something on the left too, it's directly under the big "6 hits" lettering. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there, but can anyone make out what that says?

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51065/Mortal ... n-Preview/ <<<pause at 2:57

In high definition at 2:57 it says Scorpion wins.

In standard definition at 2:57 it says something else

and in the SD version, it's not Scorpion Wins distorted, it's clearly another word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nshNzG_fkJc

OWNED! YOUTUBE! YOUTUBE!
-GokuRen v2
mrvao
Mortal

Post by mrvao »

I nudged some stuff in photoshop to isolate the text more. I do believe that is a different word than Scorpion Wins, but I've seen compression do all sorts of weird shiz. Wouldn't be surprised if we're chasing our tails on this one.

http://cl.ly/4Nsp

looks like DFKFAQ

lulz...
sans power
Mortal

Post by sans power »

mrvao wrote:I nudged some stuff in photoshop to isolate the text more. I do believe that is a different word than Scorpion Wins, but I've seen compression do all sorts of weird shiz. Wouldn't be surprised if we're chasing our tails on this one.

http://cl.ly/4Nsp

looks like DFKFAQ

lulz...
Can you zoom in more, then clear it up and invert the colors. Maybe that'll help

and btw, there's no way compression turned Scorpion Wins into that, LOL. not at all, that's the hint and it's probably letters mixed up. I just want to make sure we got the right words before we start creating different words.

btw, Ed Boon is a freemason
-GokuRen v2
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Compression can really do a lot of things to a video, especially in low quality and where there are defined color borders.

However, have you guys look in the dark area of Goro's Lair. There are two silhouettes there. The first one looks kind of like Kano, while the second one is some type of a monster, probably a background Oni. This, in case my eyes are not lying to me.
I Rule This World!

Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Don't know about this, but look in the dark at Goro's Lair. There are two silhouettes. One looks like Kano, the other one like an Oni background character.
I Rule This World!

sans power
Mortal

Post by sans power »

Gambid wrote:Compression can really do a lot of things to a video, especially in low quality and where there are defined color borders.

However, have you guys look in the dark area of Goro's Lair. There are two silhouettes there. The first one looks kind of like Kano, while the second one is some type of a monster, probably a background Oni. This, in case my eyes are not lying to me.
idk man, How is it gonna distort that bad? "Scorpion Wins" is seriously gonna distort that bad while everything isn't as distorted? Doesn't add up, plus, on HD you can select at any point when you wanna start the video. On standard def, you can't start at 2:57, you have to start at 2:33 or 3:03. If you flip the image upside down, it looks a little more clearer, here's an image of the colors isolated upside down and then a regular one of it upside down.

isolated upside down

regular upside down

idk, maybe i'm just seeing shit and going crazy. However, the isolated picture upside down kinda looks more like an I X, instead of the word beginning with a D.
-GokuRen v2
mrvao
Mortal

Post by mrvao »

i flipped the image vertically, I can't help but think the last 4 letters spell KANO.

To me it looks like DEKANO
http://cl.ly/1C1k3v3U2I3a1s2f3C2r

Haha, that's funny. Great minds think alike, funny that you flipped it too just now.

Return to “News Articles”