Editing Material in custom skins

GordonFreechmen
Mortal

Editing Material in custom skins

Post by GordonFreechmen »

Hi I downloaded a mod recently which altered part of the characters costume. Making certain areas flesh colored, yet the material appeared to be like the rest of their suit. When editing the main dss file for the character. The part that had been changed to look skin colored was exactly like the rest of the flesh areas. I can't seem to figure out how to change it so that instead of being colored, and treated like part of the suit. It is instead treated as skin.

I know I am not being very specific here. I can give more detail if it's needed to answer the question. I won't upload any of the files or what not, but I would link to the original modders page. I am fine with editing the files for my own use, but I won't redistribute anyone else's work.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Re: Editing Material in custom skins

Post by wyruzzah »

You can swap some materials with hex editor. I've used that many times, because sometimes you need change or remove this details.. example with my Vixen skin i needed change this this suit details for hands, so they can look more like skin instead of suit.

First decompress Startup.xxx and use extract.exe to extract textures Image in this image you can see DNM_.... and this is it. Check all DNM_textures u will see differencies between details.
,so there is no problem in hex editor swap example: DNM_Kevlar with DNM_Skin, so instead of kevlar detail will be skin detail and etc. etc. , but there is tiny problem. Swaped DNM_ must have same length and i did not found way how cheat it yet :(

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”