i dont get it

Twizted360
Mortal

i dont get it

Post by Twizted360 »

OK so im new to all this i need help i got the dlc manager and all that stuff i have the steam version of mk9 komplete i have been successful at installing the boss dlc with no issues is there a reason why i have installed the chameleon dlc the character shows up but the game freezes at the vs screen???

superfamoso
Warrior

Re: i dont get it

Post by superfamoso »

at this day no-one knows why the august update in the game causes crashes when it has mods. and I think we'll never know... BTW, welcome tho the network!
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

Twizted360
Mortal

Post by Twizted360 »

thanks for the welcome one thing if i get the retail version of the game will it work even though i have to activate it with steam?
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

Unfortunately, this update really screwed things up and divided the community in two.

The latest update changed a few things inside the character packages, hence why you cannot install any 'old' skins to a newly updated MK9. I really hope that they don't give MKX to High Voltage Software since they are incredibly incompetent.

They released a 1GB+ update almost a year later which not only broke skins but also didn't really fix any of network issues. NOT only that, but later they released a 700MB update to fix a few issues with Noob Saibot's moves that would crash the game online.

If you get a disc copy of the game, it SHOULD work. Since you can stop the updates from installing beforehand. If you buy a digital version, you would be out of luck since it will already come updated.

So yep! Do that, buy the disc version, stop the updates and you will be able to install any of the older mods. Just note that ANY mods made for the 'latest' update, will not work with your game so you will have to wait for the skin creator to make a pre-updated version.
Twizted360
Mortal

Post by Twizted360 »

dude thats great thanks ill do that its cool that way i can make my own mods for that current retail version since i dont play online anyway thanks.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Gameplay Mods”