All DLC Alt Costumes for Sub-Zero cause the game to crash

sibabkombat
Mortal

All DLC Alt Costumes for Sub-Zero cause the game to crash

Post by sibabkombat »

Hello fellow kombatants!
First of all, I wanna express my utter respects to all the people that work hard for this community and the games we all love.

I have posted this topic in the "Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins" section since Tuesday Feb 03, 2015 1:43 am, but not one member seemed to care enough to reply. Maybe in this section, someone does.

Mainly, I have been wondering for quite a while about the fact that ALL DLC Alt Costumes for Sub-Zero cause the game to crash, at least the ones that I have tested. (both pre-patched and patched).

The truth is, I haven't been able to find many DLC Alt Costumes for Sub-Zero (that was actually what intrigued me, initially), but after testing those that I did find and experimenting with a few I modded, I've come to the conclusion that the problem lies within the .ini file that the DLC Manager requires (congrats and respects to the creators, of course) in order to install all the DLC Alt Costumes.

More specifically, I think the problem is the name of the character. But even with that conclusion, and after trying quite a few things (e.g.: subzero, sub-zero, sub_zero, etc, etc...) I still have not been able to make it work.

Any ideas?

P.S.: Please upload any DLC Alt Costume for Sub-Zero that has worked for you.

All replies will be much appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWER

leebaldz5332
Apprentice
Side: Light

Re: All DLC Alt Costumes for Sub-Zero cause the game to cras

Post by leebaldz5332 »

http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =81&t=7505

Here's a SubZero X Skin by predaator. He has both for original and steam patched versions. The only thing is, it's a replacer because it's based on the primary costume.
sibabkombat
Mortal

Re: All DLC Alt Costumes for Sub-Zero cause the game to cras

Post by sibabkombat »

Hello, leebaldz5332

I really appreciate the quick reply!

I have checked the specific Subzero X skin by predaaator, which is amazing by the way (congrats predaaator!!!) and a few others that are also great, but the issue that troubles me is that they are all replacers of costume 1... and none DLC alt costume, for costume 2 and MK3.

No matter how I tried, I did not find any DLC alt costumes for Sub-Zero that work (especially with the Steam patched version which I use).

I also tried to make a few myself, but nothing works with costumes 2 and MK3 of the Sub-dude...
(MK1 costume has its own known issues 'cause it shares files that affect the rest of the MK1 costumes of the game).

I have made or updated several skins for other characters, so there is no matter of doing something wrong with the procedure I followed...

Anyway, thanx again for the quick reply, and any extra thoughts from anyone are most welcome.

THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWER

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 Mod and Skin Requests”