Skarlet's Alt

percitrovsk
Mortal

Re: Skarlet's Alt

Post by percitrovsk »

herai

See the main tutorial for modding:
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=6311

If you urderstand what is being made in each step, it will be easy. Instead of editing the textures you extracted from the original file, you will just extract the texture from the mod file (no need to edit). However, see this topic:
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=7615

You will need to save the files as wyruzzah said. One more thing that I learned from CynicalHippie tutorial (and wasn't in the main guide) is what files we should change: Diff, Spec, Diff_DMG and Spec_DMG. If the mod character hair is different from the original, Hair_Diff and Hair_Spec too. If the portrait is different, fg_head too. Until now, with all skins I updated for Steam it was enough to change these files.

If you don't have Photoshop (as me. They said Gimp with DDS plugin would work, but I think not), the procedure is a little different. You will need Mk9TextureTool (from the main tutorial) and Generic File Injector by HowardC (see below):
MKGI1.0.rar
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
As I said, it's important that you understand the steps from the main tutorial. Extract the mod file and Decompress/Extract the original file with Mk9TextureTool. Copy the Diff, Spec, Diff_DMG, Spec_DMG (Hair_Diff, Hair_Spec and fg_head if it's the case) texture 2d files (from both original and mod) and paste them in the same folder as Generic Injector tool. If Windows don't let you put files with the same name in the same folder, rename the modded ones (add "MOD" to the end) or put them in a subfolder.

Copy the original DECOMPRESSED CHAR.xxx file to the same folder as Generic Injector. Run Generic Injector. Type the full CHAR.xxx name (with extension). Type the full Diff name (with extension). Type the full mod Diff name (if you place it in a subfolder, you will need to write the full path to the file). Inject the file. Repeat the procedure for all files.

If you are trying to update X-9# mods, you will need to use Color Picker (see CynicalHippie tutorial http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=7569)

BTW, I really think you should learn this method, so I won't update what you have asked me. This way you will be able to update any mod you want.

xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal
Side: Light
XBox Live: xXSimoTheBestXx

Post by xXSimoTheBestXx »

Ok guys, so there's no chance we can see her in game :\ but have you tried to see her alternative costume on UE viewer? As I said I don't know how to open it on windows 8's CMD :(
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

xXSimoTheBestXx,

As I said, wyruzzah already extracted the files. You can see the jpg in his first post or you cant get the dds files in his second.
xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal

I don't mean the textures, In UE Viewer you can see the model of the characters, so I wanted to see if her alternative costume works on it.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

xXSimoTheBestXx wrote:I don't mean the textures, In UE Viewer you can see the model of the characters, so I wanted to see if her alternative costume works on it.
Yep her beta secondary costume is visible in UE Viewer like any other meshes.
Attachments
Skarlet beta secondary costume in UE viewer.jpg
xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal

Cool! It looks complete to me, I wonder why they didn't put it in game :\
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Yeah creators could do this costume as proper COSTUME 2, for Skarlet. They could do much more like MK2 meshes for all ninjas and etc. :(
xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal

Hey guys! Look at the modding tutorials and discussion category! Finally someone managed to put custom meshes! If you could try wth this Skarlet costume and make it work in the game you'll earn an hug and everyone else's respect! :D

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 Mod and Skin Requests”