Skarlet's Alt

xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal
Side: Light
XBox Live: xXSimoTheBestXx

Skarlet's Alt

Post by xXSimoTheBestXx »

Guys I have skarlet's beta files there is an alternate costume, can someone try to unlock these?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sssl7 ... rederma.7z

percitrovsk
Mortal

Re: Skarlet's Alt

Post by percitrovsk »

Hi!

With some new posts from Pro Users (like wyruzzah and CynicalHippie) I could update an old mod of Skarlet for Steam (after patch). Here is the result (it's a NSFW mod from http://www.gamevixenzone.net/forum.php, credits to Mharius, just download if you want to comprove that's working):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... =file%2c7z

I tried to use the files you uploaded, but I coudn't. I think it's more difficult because this skin is from a time when Skarlet still wasn't "complete" (the files names are "RedErma"). The way I used for the NSFW mod (with Generic Injector by HowardC) didn't work for the beta files.

But if you really want this costume, we could try something...

This is the main tutorial for modding characters files:
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=6311

However, you don't want to edit, just use an already customized texture. An user tried to update an old mod in this topic http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=7615
and wyruzzah replied that the dds files should be saved in a certain way.

That's the problem: to save in that way you need to have Photoshop/Gimp with dds plugin. I don't have Photoshop and I couldn't open the dds files with Gimp (the NSFW mod worked with Generic Injector by HowardC). So, if you (or any of your friends) have Photoshop (or know how to use Gimp to open dds) and can save the files as wyruzzah said, this mod could work.

Following CynicalHippie post, it seems the main files for the skins are Diff, Spec, Diff_Damage and Spec_Damage. However, the beta files just have Diff and Spec (I believe they hadn't done yet the damaged textures).

What you can do is:

1) Download this file:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... =file%2c7z

2) Open Diff.dds and Spec.dds with Photoshop and save them "with alpha channel as DXT5 ARGB 8bpp / interpolated alpha" or "if .dds texture do not have alpha channel save as DXT1 RGB 4 bpp / no alpha." (as wyruzzah said).

3) Place all five files in the same folder as MK9 Texture Injector folder (see the tutorial) and inject the dds files.

4) Test "CHAR_Skarlet.xxx" file.

I recommend reading the full tutorial just to know what you are trying to do. If it seems very complicated, just try to save the two files and upload them so I can try to inject them. I can't guarantee that it will work, but if you want to try...
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Well i downloaded that beta Skarlet costumes from first post, and they have different files than final version of Skarlet, also size for meshes (models) is different too. CHAR_RedErma.xxx is just beta version of final version of primary costume that we get in game, textures are almost same (LOOK ON IMAGE BELOW), but other files are very different. Anyway CHAR_RedErma_B its more interesting, thats (beta) secondary costume with much different mesh (model), also textures are much different, so injecting textures to primary costume will not do a thing. I've tried rename and clone CHAR_RedErma_B.xxx costume in Generic Renamer to Char_Skarl_B.xxx (for Unclefester mod, that shorts names), but in game it give me Pure Virtual Error, so im not sure how make this secondary costume to work in game :(
Attachments
Differencies between _Diff textures.
Differencies between _Diff textures.
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

wyruzzah,

Thanks for all these informations about how update old mods. Your post about Generic Injector (by HowardC) in the main tutorial topic was very helpful to me (with that I could update that Skarlet skin).

About this beta costume, I tried to open all Ermac original Diff files just to see if any of them was similar to Beta Diff, but they were very different (it was enough to see the position of eyeballs).

About the Generic Injector by HowardC, I used just the "Texture 2D to dss" function, but it seems to have much more. Do you know if it's possible to inject different files in the CHAR file. If so (and if you could explain to me how), I would like to try this: I will inject the Diff and Spec dds files in the CHAR_Skarlet.xxx file. Then I will inject different files from the beta (like MKMeshClothDescriptor). If the game crashes, I would know this file shouldn't be changed.

So, could you upload the Diff and Spec dds files from the beta costume saved as you said? Generic Injector didn't work for these files.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

BTW: From where comes this unique beta secondary costume and from which version (PC,XBOX360, PS3)?!

No problem.. im glad to help.

Yeah mesh is too different, so textures too.

With HowardC Generic Injector you can inject any type of files that you want. You just need original file and new one that you wanna inject and new file must be lesser size than original. Im saying straight that change few files will not help. We can inject new meshes, but nobody is able to make it work in game, cause there is too much files that need to be changed also, so it will not work anyway, but you can try.

Here are textures that you want http://www.mediafire.com/download/spcuv ... xtures.rar
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

wyruzzah,

Yes, xXSimoTheBestXx should share his source so the MK community could develop even more skins. But I don't know if he visits the Forums very often.

Thanks for the explanation and the files. If you are saying it's (nearly) impossible to do it, I think I will try to update some others skins instead. Since you approved X-9# topic about updating your Mods, I'm also updating them for the Steam Version, OK?

But I need your help again. I was trying to update MK2 Skins for Kung Lao and Johnny Cage. I don't know how to add a Character (and don't know if the Steam patch would allow it), so I'm updating them as default/alternative costume.

Following X-9# topic, the results should be like these:

However, after my attempt, I got these:

The P1 color were wrong, so I tried to use the original files (from your post, not the updated from X-9#) and got these:

Kung Lao P1 isn't "blue" (it's cyan), Cage P1 has a problem with the shoes and both P2 are the same as P1 (when I believe should be a different color).

I used MK9TextureTool to decompress and extract the xxx files. After, used Generic Injector to swap these files: fg_head, fg_head_lr, Diff, Spec, DMG_Diff and DMG_Spec. For Cage, also Hair_DiffA and Hair_Spec. Is something wrong is this process or am I missing something? CynicalHippie made the "Colour Picker Tutorial". Is necessary to use these tools to correct the colors?
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

No problem.. update it as you want. Yes you need Color Picker. Your first attempt its right way, because X-9 updated textures, so he could set colors in Color Picker, but texture looks grey in Photoshop or someting. My old mods not have updated textures this way also i did not use Color Picker that time, cause it was all new for me, so definetly use X-9 updated textures and etc. You just need change color for P1 with Color Picker, so grey color will be blue or cyan.
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

Well, it worked! Thanks!

I will open a topic for each group (ex: MK2 Skins, MK4 Skins, etc) and for each Char I will try to tell the Offsets and current colors from Color Picker. I tried to choose the most similar colors from the pics of X-9# post (which, I believe, were very similar to the original). In fact, I'm not color-blind but I don't have a very good perception :shock: .

Since these are your mods, if you dislike any of the colors I used, feel free to tell me the color you want me to replace. I thought the Color Picker would be very complicated, but CynicalHippie tutorial was very good and X-9# already did the hard part (to desaturate the colors).
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

If I may chime in,

You can also go ahead and open two MKKEColor's at the same time. Open one with the pre-patched .xxx, and the other one with the new .xxx file you want to fix the colors for. Then you just simply need to cross-match, scroll between the offsets and copy what is on the pre-patched .xxx onto the new one.

Done! :D
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

Kamidogu,

At first I thought your suggestion wouldn't work, because the xxx file I was editing already had the texture from the mod. But when I tried, yeah, that worked! Thanks for the hint! I will use this method for future updates. It will make skins much more accurate and save a lot of time.
herai
Mortal

Post by herai »

someone make tutorial about updating the mod pl0x
xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal

Sorry Guys but i'm not good at modding, the only thing I can tell you is that you should try to make it work on the old game (pre-patched version) since these files are from the beta. Same thing for Kratos!

Edit: I Didn't know that there were a lot of answers! I usually visit the skin section because is the one with more activity. I really like seeing some activity since modding is almost dead. I hope MKX Will be much easier to mod and maybe we could change even entire models of characters! (imagine to see Sonic in MKX LOL) I'll try to learn modding in the next game if it is easier!

Edit 2: I found these files in the Xbox version of the game, so there should not be no problem like with the ps3 files big and little endian Thing.
Last edited by xXSimoTheBestXx on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xXSimoTheBestXx
Mortal

Anyway guys, have you tried to see if her alternative costume works in UE viewer? I tried to use it but windows 8 CMD.exe is really different than the windows 7 one :\ (Sorry for my bad english i'm italian)
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

xXSimoTheBestXx,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but if even wyruzzah said that he's "not sure how make this secondary costume to work in game", I really think you should give up. Furthermore, if you are saying that is better to try with the "old game", I'm afraid I can't do any tests for you (I just have updated Steam Version). wyruzzah extracted the textures and you can see them in his first post in this topic.
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

Simo, I too would've loved to see this on the PC version.. Unfortunately no one has been able to launch custom meshes in-game. Not even for something that should technically be easier to achieve, for example injecting 'Klassic MK2' mesh into say, for example a Sub-Zero package. You can successfully inject it, even extract it. But the moment you launch it in-game, it crashes.

When, IF this becomes possible.. Then we could probably replace her standard mesh with this one.

It's probably easier to tinker with this on the pre-patched version. Since whatever HVS updated, was directly in correlation to the character packages.

It's a shame there are so many downloads for files, but very few 'thanks' or other people chiming in unless it's just to ask for an updated version of said character. Hopefully once MKX releases, we will see more activity on these boards.
Last edited by Kamidogu on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 Mod and Skin Requests”