DLC Characters and DLC Skins(STEAM)

alfamega
Mortal
XBox Live: alfamega

DLC Characters and DLC Skins(STEAM)

Post by alfamega »

Any working DLC Characters and DLC Skins released that work with the latest Steam version!? Thanks in advance

mrpopsicleman
Mortal
PSN: mroblation
XBox Live: mrpopsic1eman

Re: DLC Characters and DLC Skins(STEAM)

Post by mrpopsicleman »

I found this updated version of the Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0 that works fine with the current Steam version. Adds Goro, Kintaro, Shao Kahn, and the classic NPC versions of Noob Saibot, Reptile, Jade, and Smoke as DLC. http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/SbOToL7X/file.html
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

Just for the record, I didn't do that one and thus it has various issues.

UBM 3.0 is just around the corner and it won't support 1.06 either... the real solution is to downgrade.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

HowardC wrote:Just for the record, I didn't do that one and thus it has various issues.

UBM 3.0 is just around the corner and it won't support 1.06 either... the real solution is to downgrade.
why not just make a version for both? not supporting the current version(steam version) will exclude MANY from enjoying the mod since we cant just "downgrade", especially one as popular as the UBM :(
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

Because the update doesn't work properly on his PC. It actually makes the Game unplayable so there's no way for him to fully test it with the update version & make sure that it's working.

Along with the fact that the Mod is extremely complex & will include a custom Installer to reduce the file size of the mod. He would have to duplicate that process for the updated version as well, which he can't fully test with the update.

Maybe once it's released a Modder with the updated version could convert it over, with permission of course. That's a lot more likely to happen & would be a lot quicker to get released although the file size would be pretty big.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

thank you for your reply UncleFester.. i guess i(and others) can hope HowardC gives permission for someone to update his mod once released.
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

You're welcome & I would be more than happy to assist someone in converting mods over to the update, by providing some instruction.

I don't really have time to convert mods. I barely have time to finish up any mods that I have for the old version. But MOST mods would be fairly simple to convert. The one's that take time are one's that use more advanced modding other than normal Texture Modding. Like Material swapping, adjusting the Tweak Vars, Swapping VO's, Custom intros etc.... With those mods you need more tools & more patience.

You have to duplicate the process used on the Old Mod for the new one. As far as my mods go I can supply individual files that can be swapped into the New packages for most stuff. Not sure about sounds tho'.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

that would be great if you could help with instructions\tools needed to convert mods to work..
and as far as i know(based on a couple mods that have been converted), only the "CHAR_*.xxx" files need updating.. all other files including the SND files still seem to work fine.

also the Coalesced files need updating, but imo they are easy enough to do manually if needed.

thanks again UncleFester for your time.
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Well that depends on if the mod has custom sound files inside the Char Package which some mods do. Those are a bit more work to convert cause you have to extract the sound files from Both Char Packages {Old & New} then swap them with the injector {I'm just thinking logically @ this point as I haven't done it myself}.

Now if the updated version only updated the char packages & not any other packages then it's even easier to mod. But, iirc, when I installed the update it patched every single file, so if that's the case you need to make new ui, vo, fatality & intro files if the mod requires it {This would apply to modded characters who use custom versions of those files}.

As far as ini entries, DLC Manager would still work with new version of mkke, so you could use the same ini that came with the mod you want to update as the coalesced files for both versions are the same.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

thank you again UncleFester for the reply!
and a tutorial on how to update the modded CHAR_*.xxx files to work on the current steam version be great..
and so far i think this is what needs to be done....
1. decompress both old and new CHAR files
2. extract the files of just org CHAR_*.xxx after decompressed
3. after you extract org CHAR_*.xxx goto folder textures\*.Texture2D files, we use those files to inject into new CHAR_*.xxx after you decompress it

is that even remotely correct??
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

machine4578 wrote:
HowardC wrote:Just for the record, I didn't do that one and thus it has various issues.

why not just make a version for both? not supporting the current version(steam version) will exclude MANY from enjoying the mod since we cant just "downgrade", especially one as popular as the UBM :(

The short answer is because of the boss alt costumes, the Chameleons, and Shang Tsung.

Most characters allow you to shorten their names quite easily. In the case of the bosses, you have to edit the exe itself to keep ladder mode from screwing up and putting them in regular matches. The exe in the update is different. It shouldn't be too hard to fix it as well, but that takes time... that I don't have.

Shang and the Chameleons will make use of my exe wrapper that hacks memory locations to manipulate morphs. You guessed it, those locations are different in 1.06.

The way I'm doing the installer with diff files means that there is a decent chance 90% of the mods WILL work with 1.06.... just not the ones mentioned. Since those are the coolest ones, I'm going to say that officially at least the UBM won't support 1.06 anytime soon.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

thank you for your reply HowardC.. i guess if i get time i can make a "downgrade" xdelta patch for all. this way we will be able to enjoy your mod(s) until a updated version is made.

but i would still like to see if a tutorial can be made to update other mods to work on the current steam version.

thanks again guys!
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

What you posted before is pretty much how you convert 90% of the mods... so long as they are just texture mods.

Another way to do it, if you have access to 1.05 and it's files is to make a diff file and apply it. We use bsdiff for windows. decompress the STOCK 1.05 character file, run bsdiff to make a diff between it and the modded character file. Now use bspatch to apply that diff to the uncompressed 1.06 file.

I'm trying to figure out why everyone is obsessed with 1.06 though. It supposedly fixes some online issues.... which is irrelevant because you can't play online with a modded version of MKKE unless you have the exact same mods installed. It's supposed to fix some performance issues... I tested it, it makes them worse.

Every once in a while an update to a game is worthless... this is the case of 1.06... at least for us that run modded versions of mkke.

The easier way is to install 1.05 AND 1.06 on your machine. Two installs of MKKE on the same machine don't cause any issues other than the fact that they share a save file.
XxscorpxX
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by XxscorpxX »

guys if u tell me how to put shao khan in. and ill reward u by a steam card but first u have to add me on steam xraycarradine

just now 7/7/2015 Tue

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”