KICK IT OLD SKOOL

machine4578
Warrior

Re: KICK IT OLD SKOOL

Post by machine4578 »

i would be great to see some mods like this made for the legit updated version.. most seem to be made only for the yarrrr version :(

just a fyi, there are patches available to update the yarrrr version to current.

-edit-

let me rephrase my post so no one else makes "assumptions" thinking that i am implying a modder is using a yarrr copy :?

it would be great to see some mods like this made for the legit updated version.. most seems to be made only for the original legit outdated game(or yarrr version) :(

just a fyi, there are patches available to update the outdated game(or yarrrr version) to current.
Last edited by machine4578 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

*Nightmare*
Mortal

Post by *Nightmare* »

When I launch game for Kabal - game has crashed with R6025 error
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

machine4578 wrote:i would be great to see some mods like this made for the legit updated version.. most seem to be made only for the yarrrr version :(

just a fyi, there are patches available to update the yarrrr version to current.
Just because WE modders choose to make mods for the Pre-Patched version doesn't mean we have a yarrrr copy. That's just an ignorant comment to make. My copy of MKKE runs 60fps @ 1920x1080 ALL settings maxed out, on every stage. So why would I update just to break the 100's of mods that I have already. There's no real benefit to the new patch, in fact in most cases it just makes the game worse.

The only reason for the patch is for online fighting, if you were having issues it may fix them, it may be the same or it may be worse. You can, as an end-user, simply install MKKE in a 2nd location and NOT patch it. That way you can get all the Mods you want, when you want to play your Patched version do so.

But don't assume that everyone who has an un-patched version of the game has a pirated copy. I won't make mods for 2 versions of the game because I don't want nor need 2 versions of the game. And modders as a whole tend to stick with the Version that works best & is the most widely spread one which is 1.05.

Next time instead of assuming that someones hard work was NOT created on a Legit copy, just ask if someone would do u the favor & convert the mod to the Patched version. I'm sure plenty of people would be nice enough try.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

Let's put it this way. At this point I make 90% of the new tools for the pc version of the game. I installed the patch.... it made the game choppy as can be and I promptly removed it.

The patch adds frameskipping but it also forces vsync and locks down the frame rate. The result is on any machine that can't run the game 100%, things become like a slide show. On 1.05, the game just slows down a little bit, which is annoying, but at least it's playable.

I've also mapped out the changes in the character packages.... long story short there aren't any to speak of. They just re-arranged the import and export tables enough to break all mods.... there really aren't any optimizations despite the massive update size.

If you are dead set on running 1.06 you can extract a character and re-package the changed textures, but as our mods star making use of more complex techniques like material modding and tweak vars, you basically have to re-create the character, so good luck.
*Nightmare*
Mortal

Post by *Nightmare* »

Hello, thats me again. Look guys, I has download cyborgs MK3, Kabal MK3 and ninjas MK2, but then I launch the game, I have the same error - R6025 pure virtual function call. Why is this happening?( MK Steam version, nothing translations, or something more I have not. What are reason? :?
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

UncleFestor wrote:Just because WE modders choose to make mods for the Pre-Patched version doesn't mean we have a yarrrr copy. That's just an ignorant comment to make. My copy of MKKE runs 60fps @ 1920x1080 ALL settings maxed out, on every stage. So why would I update just to break the 100's of mods that I have already. There's no real benefit to the new patch, in fact in most cases it just makes the game worse.

The only reason for the patch is for online fighting, if you were having issues it may fix them, it may be the same or it may be worse. You can, as an end-user, simply install MKKE in a 2nd location and NOT patch it. That way you can get all the Mods you want, when you want to play your Patched version do so.

But don't assume that everyone who has an un-patched version of the game has a pirated copy. I won't make mods for 2 versions of the game because I don't want nor need 2 versions of the game. And modders as a whole tend to stick with the Version that works best & is the most widely spread one which is 1.05.

Next time instead of assuming that someones hard work was NOT created on a Legit copy, just ask if someone would do u the favor & convert the mod to the Patched version. I'm sure plenty of people would be nice enough try.
ignorant??? whatever dude.. anyone that buys the legit game on steam now CANT revert back.. i MUST use the outdated yarrrr version for alot of mods posted here. so imo you are basically forcing people to download "that" specific version. :roll:
also i am sure many more people have the legit game these days(the legit game is only $5).. so updating your mods be a good thing!!!!
Last edited by machine4578 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

That's incorrect. Again making assumptions. There's no need to purchase from steam & be forced to have an updated copy. There's other places you can purchase a legit copy of the game. You can always buy the actual Disk instead of downloading it from steam. So NO ONE is forcing anyone to DL a pirated copy. That's your choice. You can always buy from Amazon or Gamestop Both have hard copies of the game & are LEGAL.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

UncleFestor wrote:That's incorrect. Again making assumptions. There's no need to purchase from steam & be forced to have an updated copy. There's other places you can purchase a legit copy of the game. You can always buy the actual Disk instead of downloading it from steam. So NO ONE is forcing anyone to DL a pirated copy. That's your choice. You can always buy from Amazon or Gamestop Both have hard copies of the game & are LEGAL.
anyway you look at it your game cant be played legally, and an alternate not legal(crack) method may be needed.. and lets be serious, who will go out of there way to buy an OLD version.. most(99%) will buy a digital copy(like from steam), let their game update, then come here only to find almost all mods posted wont work on their newly purchased legit game.

lastly i am not "making assumptions".. its "imo"!!!!

i nothing more to say. and btw UncleFester, i have much repsect for your work.. it just sucks many cant as possibly never be able to enjoy your mods :(
Last edited by machine4578 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

Just because YOU buy your games from an inferior model like Steam doesn't mean everyone else does. Why the hell would I "buy" a game that only exists in the ether and I'd never be able to download again if steam decides to pull it if I can get a actual, physical disc that I REALLY own.

The only time I buy anything digitally is if that's the only way it's offered and that includes games and music. If you don't then you are part of the problem, no offense.

The younger generations and their digital downloads....*shakes fist*
Igor
Mortal

Post by Igor »

@machine4578 I personally don't play online so I could care less about the steam version. Since we use a legit PC copy of MKKE with mods, it would only make things worse to download anything from steam.
Last edited by Igor on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

@UF, HowardC and Igor
i NEVER said you guys or anyone pirated the game, in other words i was basically just stating if anyone recently purchased the game legit on steam, the only way to use many mods shared be to download a yarrr version. so "assume" all you want......... :roll:

and it really be great if some of you guys did support the updated game, there will only be more and more new MKKE owners on steam(with the updated game) wanting cool mods by you guys, especially with MKX coming out.

and btw guys, i have nothing against anyone who pirated the game.. we all do what we need to do to play.

@Igor
F U! i am not arrogant, you are(Mr. 3 post in 10 years).. i am ONLY speaking MY OPINION at the same time trying to gain support for any new owner purchasing the game on steam.

@HowardC
i am probably the same age or older than you.. so dont assume i am some kid.. i happen to be able to adapt to the current times and dont mind digital downloads.. i back up all my steam games phyically on discs and external HDD's(which is bascially the same as a retail copy) also i never said everyone downloads from steam, just most do(and imo alot do)
Last edited by machine4578 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
valas991
Apprentice

Post by valas991 »

@machine4578
You say that if someone buys the game on steam and gets the updated version, then the only way he can use these mods is pirating the game. And then what? He had already paid for the game so it hardly matters for NRS in my opinion.
And updating the skins/DLCs/mods is rather time-consuming. Their latest mods are so complex you'd have to remake the entire character.

@HowardC
as for music: a physical copy also means a lossless copy of the music. Most artist put their music only to itunes & amazon 'cause they think those are everything. Both of them offer lossy files [ itunes - AAC ~256 kbps / amazon - mp3 320 kbps ]

There is a site, bandcamp, which offers unlimited dowloads, (even lossless) after you paid...at least, I think it does. I haven't tried it yet personally.
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

*Nightmare* wrote:Hello, thats me again. Look guys, I has download cyborgs MK3, Kabal MK3 and ninjas MK2, but then I launch the game, I have the same error - R6025 pure virtual function call. Why is this happening?( MK Steam version, nothing translations, or something more I have not. What are reason? :?
you get the error because your game is the updated version.. this mod as many others are made only for the org outdated version..
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

Guys I think you are missing my point. If you buy a cd or dvd or actually own it. You have a physical copy and you can install it 30 years from now assuming you have a compatible OS ready.

If you buy it via digital download you don't. You own a lease. If the service goes down, or they pull the game and you've uninstalled it (which has happened a LOT already) you are screwed.

People are giving up ownership due to laziness. If you have the option ALWAYS buy the physical copy.
mongolianmisfit
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by mongolianmisfit »

Any way to get Kabal and Stryker in a Steam compatible version?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”