How Can I Change Skins for Fighters in MK9

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

How Can I Change Skins for Fighters in MK9

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Welcome for all Member's Posts, :D
I have a little misunderstanding and I a simple question to ask, and it would be very kind and nice of you to answer me, they will be very grateful.
I installed mk9 (MKKE) on PC.
I have some skins that I would like to replace fighters.
How do I do this?
I need a program for that?
Or they simply put skins over files and replace them? (Thank in advance to those who come my self-help)

"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Barakuda
Warrior

Re: How Can I Change Skins for Fighters in MK9

Post by Barakuda »

And I'm as curious as you.
Can anyone help?
"My blades will find your heart."
ImageImage
valas991
Apprentice

Re: How Can I Change Skins for Fighters in MK9

Post by valas991 »

If you download skins, the rar will have a .xxx file, for example : CHAR_Ermac.xxx
you need to go where your game is installed .
then, locate the asset folder, and overwrite the existing file (make a back-up 1st)
for me, my asset folder's location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mortal Kombat Complete Edition\Asset
Note: I have pirated games, and as far as I know, if you buy it from steam, it should looks somewhat else.

There are also DLC skins, chars, and there was a DLC manager to install them, but since the steam update around august, it doesn't work (as far as I know) However, if you use pirated version, it should work though. (I guess it only works, if your pc is set to english/spanish/(and the other languages the game has).., it didn't work in my pc, because it is set to hungarian)

so simply, make a backup 1st, then overwrite the file. then, it should work. If it crashes, it means it wasn't updated after the patch.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”