Sindel Skin - Deception Style [Updated]

CynicalHippie
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Sindel Skin - Deception Style [Updated]

Post by CynicalHippie »

Very simple mod but is it just me or is Sindel quite a difficult character to figure out? :P I just added more purple, more black and replaced the silver with gold to make her look a little more like she did in Deception. I also changed her makeup and hair slightly to make it more like her Deception look. I quite like how it looks in game and the 2P colours look cool too. She's a lot more vibrant and colourful than before. Would've loved to have added all her intricacies from Deception but I haven't quite gotten there yet.

Edit: Updated for the new patch and now with damage textures. :D

Download:
Sindel.zip
(13.73 MiB) Downloaded 3194 times
I'm also working on an Empress Mod for her alternate that matches Shao Kahn's costume.

Last edited by CynicalHippie on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

DocX
Warrior

Re: Sindel Skin - Deception Style

Post by DocX »

Wow that is awesome!! I dont know how I missed this one.
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

How did you kill him and he blew up like that? Also How would I get the blue one? Can I do that in one player mode or would you have to have two players playing the same character? Great video. You kick ass with her.
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Hey this skin looks awesome. I using it right now. Is it possible to make her legs look better. Even the regular skin they kinda look stretch marks around her crotch?
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

DocX wrote:Hey this skin looks awesome. I using it right now. Is it possible to make her legs look better. Even the regular skin they kinda look stretch marks around her crotch?
DocX wrote:Wow that is awesome!! I dont know how I missed this one.
DocX wrote:How did you kill him and he blew up like that? Also How would I get the blue one? Can I do that in one player mode or would you have to have two players playing the same character? Great video. You kick ass with her.
I'm not sure about the skin on her legs. I haven't changed any of that but it might be possible. It's not 100% finished yet (still need to tighten up the damage textures) so I'll take a look at it. The blue is just the P2 colour, so you can select it by pressing START over Sindel or whatever button is your equivalent of that (I'm using a 360 controller) and then pressing it again over Costume 1 like you would with any character. :D Using the Colour Picker tool, my Sindel P2 alternate is red now instead of blue. 8)

As for Kahn, that's me playing the ladder but I used Cheat Engine (another nifty tool) to replace the stage with Kahn's throne room. And thank you very much! Sindel's a great zoner but her 1,1,2,B+4 combo has exceptional reach and she can be a mighty pressure demon when the opponent is cornered. Unfortunately, Kahn can't really be pressured.
Dic3ptor
Mortal

Post by Dic3ptor »

Does it work with new patch on Steam?
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

Oh I don't know about that. I've been hearing people are having problems. I haven't updated mine yet so I can't confirm but if it's the case that every mod made prior to patch is incompatible then this one will likely be too. :/
Dic3ptor
Mortal

Post by Dic3ptor »

On steam it did an Automatik update and since that update skins will not work anymore.
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

I had no idea if you picked a character twice with the start button it would change their color. Damn, Thanks for telling me that. Also i got the update ( but didnt know it) and wondered why the heck my skins wouldnt work any more. I went back to my pirated copy that i saved before I installed the one i bought.
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Re: Sindel Skin - Deception Style [Updated]

Post by CynicalHippie »

CynicalHippie wrote:Very simple mod but is it just me or is Sindel quite a difficult character to figure out? :P I just added more purple, more black and replaced the silver with gold to make her look a little more like she did in Deception. I also changed her makeup and hair slightly to make it more like her Deception look. I quite like how it looks in game and the 2P colours look cool too. She's a lot more vibrant and colourful than before. Would've loved to have added all her intricacies from Deception but I haven't quite gotten there yet.

Download:
Sindel.zip
I'm also working on an Empress Mod for her alternate that matches Shao Kahn's costume.

I've updated this costume. It works again!

Alt Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czctet6fcccyn ... l.zip?dl=0

And it has proper damage textures this time for both P1 and P2. Working on The Empress mod but it'll take a bit longer. Anyone any ideas on changing Sindel's projectile colour? Would be really cool if I could make all her moves green like Shao Kahn.
valas991
Apprentice

Post by valas991 »

dude, your sindel empress looks awesome... one question thou, can u make one, which fits to this shao kahn?
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =81&t=6581
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

That Empress mod looks insane man!! Very very cool!!
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

You know Im really excited for the Empress Mod you are doing. Thats got to be one of the coolest things Ive seen done with it looking like copper or metal in places where it didnt used to be.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

CynicalHippie wrote:
CynicalHippie wrote:Very simple mod but is it just me or is Sindel quite a difficult character to figure out? :P I just added more purple, more black and replaced the silver with gold to make her look a little more like she did in Deception. I also changed her makeup and hair slightly to make it more like her Deception look. I quite like how it looks in game and the 2P colours look cool too. She's a lot more vibrant and colourful than before. Would've loved to have added all her intricacies from Deception but I haven't quite gotten there yet.

Download:
Sindel.zip

I've updated this costume. It works again!

Alt Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czctet6fcccyn ... l.zip?dl=0

And it has proper damage textures this time for both P1 and P2. Working on The Empress mod but it'll take a bit longer. Anyone any ideas on changing Sindel's projectile colour? Would be really cool if I could make all her moves green like Shao Kahn.
Great skin man. Also you can try change projectile color in Color Picker http://www.mediafire.com/download/scewd ... er+3.5.rar by HowardC. There http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht4bk ... tor%29.rar is some tutorial for this utility.
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

wyruzzah wrote: Great skin man. Also you can try change projectile color in Color Picker http://www.mediafire.com/download/scewd ... er+3.5.rar by HowardC. There http://www.mediafire.com/download/ht4bk ... tor%29.rar is some tutorial for this utility.
Thank you very much! I've been using the colour picker but so far I haven't been able to find Sindel's magic effects. Still looking though, it's been useful for getting her alternate the same colour as Kahn's. :D
DocX wrote:You know Im really excited for the Empress Mod you are doing. Thats got to be one of the coolest things Ive seen done with it looking like copper or metal in places where it didnt used to be.
Thank you! It's nearly done! Her damage textures are a pain and even more so because of the lace that she used to wear. I've just a few little things left to do and she'll be good to go. Wanna fix the metal too, make the texture bigger and darker like Kahn's. :D
valas991 wrote:dude, your sindel empress looks awesome... one question thou, can u make one, which fits to this shao kahn?
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =81&t=6581
Once I've done Sindel's default Kahn costume, I'll have a look into it. And thank you! :D

I have a video showing Sindel's costume's similarity to Kahn's. Just need to finish the damage textures and make the armour norm bigger (and maybe try to change her projectile) and I'll post her here when she's done. :D

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”