DLC skin: Raiden MK Legacy

a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

DLC skin: Raiden MK Legacy

Post by a.martin »

Hey guys! this is the first time I upload something in here (I usually spend more time in the Injustice Modding Forum).. and I've wanted to see raiden from MK legacy the internet series.. so I've made him and also as a DLC skin.. so there's no need to replace nothing.

To install this DLC skin you need DLC manager by HowardC
Here's a link just in case you don't have it
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hzwbi ... .1beta.rar

And the DLC skin link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9depx ... legacy.rar

I hope You guys enjoy and I see you later :D

Also you can check out raiden's episode here

New Edit: I wanna thank MrEdxwx for the Incredible video! I couldn't believe it when I saw it!
Attachments
Mortal-Kombat-Legacy-Lord-Raiden.jpg
MKKE 2014-06-19 00-41-01-47.jpg
MKKE 2014-06-19 00-41-53-20.jpg
Last edited by a.martin on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teoxus
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: DLC skin: Raiden MK Legacy

Post by Teoxus »

Its awesome oooooo
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

thanks man! :D If you like that one.. I'll might do other chars from that MK legacy maybe striker and johnny cage
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Thats really cool, Gonna check it out now.
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Ya it looks and plays really cool man. Total opposite from what it was.
WofulPaul
Mortal

Post by WofulPaul »

Can we have this for the steam version?
machine4578
Warrior

Post by machine4578 »

is this for the updated steam version or org?
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

machine4578 wrote:is this for the updated steam version or org?
I guess it's for the original :( not the updated one, I'm so sorry :( I even Uninstalled the game because it didn't worked pretty well for me, and also sorry, I just saw this :(
percitrovsk
Mortal

Post by percitrovsk »

I updated the skin to work with the Steam version. I hope a.martin doesn't mind (if yes, I can remove the file):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... =file%2c7z

1) You need to select the alternative costume for Raiden. In the original, I believe it worked as a DLC Character. Since I don't know how to add a Character, it's just the second costume. So, you don't need "DLC manager by HowardC". If you want to use the skin as Raiden default, I believe there's a program (wyruzzah mentioned "Generic Renamer") which you can rename CHAR_Raiden_B as CHAR_Raiden.

2) I followed CynicalHippie tutorial and just updated four main files: Diff, Spec, Diff_DMG and Spec_DMG. So, it's possible that's something will be missing (just let me know, so I can update more things).
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

Hey martin, I really like what you did. However I am more interested in how you did it. I see that the ini file you made makes a third costume for Raiden. I'd like to do that for other characters too.

Here's what I tried: I copied the Raiden_B file, and renamed it Raiden_L.xxx. Game crashes on me. Then I tried to decompress it, so it has the same size as your Raiden_L.xxx file. Game crashes. Next I tried, with the decompressed version, the Generic Renamer, according to the tutorial. Copied the file into Asset-folder. Game crashes. I don't know what else to do. Can you help me?

Also, is there a reason you named the file CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx instead of just CHAR_Raiden_C.xxx? Whey the L? It seems random, but then again, it might be on purpose.

Thanks a bunch. If I can get it working, I might upload some stuff too.
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

Hey guys, modders, beautiful people,

Since martin isn't answering, I'd like to open the field to other modders to answer my previous question. How to make an alternate costume work, so I don't have to bother renaming in my asset folder every single time I want to change a costume. thx

I guess the community could benefit from this.
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

Justinian wrote:Here's what I tried: I copied the Raiden_B file, and renamed it Raiden_L.xxx. Game crashes on me. Then I tried to decompress it, so it has the same size as your Raiden_L.xxx file. Game crashes. Next I tried, with the decompressed version, the Generic Renamer, according to the tutorial. Copied the file into Asset-folder. Game crashes. I don't know what else to do. Can you help me?

Also, is there a reason you named the file CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx instead of just CHAR_Raiden_C.xxx? Whey the L? It seems random, but then again, it might be on purpose.

Thanks a bunch. If I can get it working, I might upload some stuff too.
Hey man I'm so sorry to reply this so late, I don't usually visit this forum anymore because I'm in the injustice forum more often :( sorry again..

About all your questions.. I renamed the decompressed file from Raiden_B to Raiden_L
then I checked a lot of times how to make the char as a DLC a new one, so I had to rename it, and make an .Ini file so I checked the templates of the DLC manager
(I must add, the DLC manager doesn't always work fine.)

So my .Ini file ended up like this:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[Description]
line1=Mk legacy raiden based on raiden_B\n\nFiles Added: \n\nCHAR_Raiden_L.xxx

[Files]
line1=CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx

[eng]
line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|char_raiden_l|MK LEGACY|1

[fra]
line1=MK9Game.fra|PlayerSelect|char_raiden_l|MK LEGACY|1

[por]
line1=MK9Game.por|PlayerSelect|char_raiden_l|MK LEGACY|1

[spa]
line1=MK9Game.spa|PlayerSelect|char_raiden_l|MK LEGACY|1

------------------------------------------ (this separates the file from another thing I want to say.)

well besides renaming the char.xxx file with the 'generic renamer', you have to make one of those files I made to include the name of the skin, and the "codes" to make it usable in game, (and the DLC manager do the rest of the installation in the game)

you have to do all that because otherwise copy and pasting doesn't work unfortunately, in Injustice It's way easier to turn the skins into DLC's

and, I chose Raiden_L because of, MK "L"egacy got it? haha, also I didn't knew if somebody else made other Raiden skins and my idea was to make a few MK Legacy skins.. but it didn't turn out as I expected. Sorry to all of you guys
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

percitrovsk wrote:I updated the skin to work with the Steam version. I hope a.martin doesn't mind (if yes, I can remove the file):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... =file%2c7z

1) You need to select the alternative costume for Raiden. In the original, I believe it worked as a DLC Character. Since I don't know how to add a Character, it's just the second costume. So, you don't need "DLC manager by HowardC". If you want to use the skin as Raiden default, I believe there's a program (wyruzzah mentioned "Generic Renamer") which you can rename CHAR_Raiden_B as CHAR_Raiden.

2) I followed CynicalHippie tutorial and just updated four main files: Diff, Spec, Diff_DMG and Spec_DMG. So, it's possible that's something will be missing (just let me know, so I can update more things).
Man I don't mind at all, Actually I think I should thank you, I didn't have the updated version of the game, and I still don't have it haha but thanks to you the steam players will enjoy the MK legacy Raiden, and for that, thanks a lot! :D
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

Hey martin. thx for the reply. If I understand correctly the steps are:

1. decompress CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx
2. rename CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx to CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx
3. use generic renamer to replace all strings "CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx" in the file CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx by "CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx"
4. make the correct .ini file (selected from the available templates of the DLC manager).
5. add using DLC Manager.

That's exactly what I did. I think I'd better try with another character. I'll let you know the results. thx
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

Justinian wrote:Hey martin. thx for the reply. If I understand correctly the steps are:

2. use generic renamer to replace all strings "CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx" in the file CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx by "CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx"
3. rename CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx to CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx
4. make the correct .ini file (selected from the available templates of the DLC manager).

That's exactly what I did. I think I'd better try with another character. I'll let you know the results. thx
yeah! exactly! well, the decompresion of the skin it's about you know, injecting the new textures and those stuff, then all the stuff you said (I think it would be better to do your step 2, after your step 3 - I mean Use the generic renamer first and then, rename the file)

2. use generic renamer to replace all strings "CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx" in the file CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx by "CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx"
3. rename CHAR_Raiden_B.xxx to CHAR_Raiden_L.xxx

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”