SHAO KAHN: EMPEROR OF OUTWORLD - CHARACTER SKIN + STAGES_NEW

Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell
Mortal
Side: Darkness

SHAO KAHN: EMPEROR OF OUTWORLD - CHARACTER SKIN + STAGES_NEW

Post by Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell »

I was very disappointed with the game's default skin for Shao Kahn, both the playable version and the stage NPC, so i decided to try and modify the textures for a more "classical approach" to the character.

So, without further ado, here is my take on the MK9 Shao Kahn ...

Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell.

P.S. There are two sets of files now !!!

The first set is labeled as "OLD" and is compatible only with the version of MKKE prior to the latest major update (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME) !!!

The second set is labeled as "NEW" and is compatible only with the version of MKKE after the latest major update (COMPATIBLE WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME) !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!!! PLEASE READ THE PROVIDED DOCUMENTATION FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE (INDIVIDUAL) ARCHIVES WHICH YOU DECIDE TO DOWNLOAD/WHICH CONTENTS YOU DECIDE TO MODIFY ("MOD") YOUR GAME WITH !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
SHAO_KAHN_EOO_BGND_SKIN_SKT.zip
This mod's first expansion's compressed archive in the *ZIP file format. (Part_2 of the Mod)_NEW.
(26.01 MiB) Downloaded 1189 times
SHAO_KAHN_EOO_BGND_SKIN_KC.zip
This mod's second expansions's compressed archive in the *ZIP file format. (Part_3 of the Mod)_NEW.
(21.83 MiB) Downloaded 881 times
SHAO_KAHN_EOO_CHAR_SKIN.zip
This mod's compressed archive in the *ZIP file format. (Part_1 of the Mod)_NEW.
(18.48 MiB) Downloaded 1211 times
MOD Promotional Photograph.
MOD Promotional Photograph.
SHAO_KAHN_EOO_BGND_SKIN_SKT.zip
This mod's first expansion's compressed archive in the *ZIP file format. (Part_2 of the Mod)_OLD.
(26.01 MiB) Downloaded 1509 times
MOD Screenshot SKT.
MOD Screenshot SKT.
SHAO_KAHN_EOO_BGND_SKIN_KC.zip
This mod's second expansions's compressed archive in the *ZIP file format. (Part_3 of the Mod)_OLD.
(21.83 MiB) Downloaded 973 times
MOD Screenshot KC.
MOD Screenshot KC.
SHAO_KAHN_EOO_CHAR_SKIN.zip
This mod's compressed archive in the *ZIP file format. (Part_1 of the Mod)_OLD.
(18.48 MiB) Downloaded 1316 times
MOD Screenshot 1.
MOD Screenshot 1.
MOD Screenshot 2.
MOD Screenshot 2.
MOD Screenshot 3.
MOD Screenshot 3.
MOD Screenshot 4.
MOD Screenshot 4.
Last edited by Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Rich246
Warrior
PSN: PC Gamers FTW!
XBox Live: PC Gamers FTW!

Re: Shao Kahn - Emperor of Outworld - Character Skin

Post by Rich246 »

I like this a lot, is the damage done too? :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone needs a topic stickied or help moving something
please ask me and I will be more than willing to help you. :)

Visit my deviantART page for PC game icons.
http://Rich246.deviantart.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @Richm246
Add me on Steam: Richm246
Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell
Mortal

I am glad that you like it Rich246.

The damage file is done too (Damage Done, ha, ha, ha). I had problems with Shao Kahn's crownhelm, because the damage textures (files) are of very low resolution in that part. Since I wanted to change the color of the helmet's neck-guard in the basic texture, I opted for a more saturated gold(en) in the damage file. It actually looks quite good, once all of the 3d model deformation is applied, one side totally red, the other partially golden with a piece missing. I suspect that I would have to change the mesh for a more uniform result.

This was initially supposed to be a three-part mod, with one character file and two stages (backgrounds, the ones where Shao Kahn appears as an NPC, sitting on his throne), but the server timed out, each time I tried to upload a 60Mb archive. The same textures were used for the stages, as well ...

Added the two stages to the attachment / download section of this post / mod.
ranckel
Master

Re: SHAO KAHN: EMPEROR OF OUTWORLD - CHARACTER SKIN + STAGES

Post by ranckel »

impressive!

"The dark Side is our ally!"
Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell
Mortal

Thank you - ranckel - !!!

Your feedback is appreciated.
Rich246
Warrior
PSN: PC Gamers FTW!
XBox Live: PC Gamers FTW!

Post by Rich246 »

Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell wrote:I am glad that you like it Rich246.

The damage file is done too (Damage Done, ha, ha, ha). I had problems with Shao Kahn's crownhelm, because the damage textures (files) are of very low resolution in that part. Since I wanted to change the color of the helmet's neck-guard in the basic texture, I opted for a more saturated gold(en) in the damage file. It actually looks quite good, once all of the 3d model deformation is applied, one side totally red, the other partially golden with a piece missing. I suspect that I would have to change the mesh for a more uniform result.

This was initially supposed to be a three-part mod, with one character file and two stages (backgrounds, the ones where Shao Kahn appears as an NPC, sitting on his throne), but the server timed out, each time I tried to upload a 60Mb archive. The same textures were used for the stages, as well ...

Added the two stages to the attachment / download section of this post / mod.
Cool! Again great mod :)
If anyone needs a topic stickied or help moving something
please ask me and I will be more than willing to help you. :)

Visit my deviantART page for PC game icons.
http://Rich246.deviantart.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @Richm246
Add me on Steam: Richm246
Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell
Mortal

Thank you Rich246 !!!

Your feedback is appreciated.
ranckel
Master

Post by ranckel »

man, this is the best shao kahn retro that I saw, in my opinion, and I made two, but I think yours is

more like the true one from the past, I mean better, awesome work!

ranckel
Master

Post by ranckel »

btw, your nick name, Nergal, is a demon yes? do you like black metal rock music?

Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell
Mortal

Thank you - ranckel - !!!

I really did my best with the textures. However, there were some issues with the damage file(s), due to the (extremely) low resolutions in which they were rendered. Without any changes to the mesh, this is as close to a uniform result as I could get.

P.S. As for my musical taste, I listen to Extreme (Heavy) Metal, in all of its forms (subgenres). Sadly, this did not determine my nickname on this site, but the fact that I have been a longterm fan of a Cartoon Network show called: "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy", where one of the characters ("villains"), is called Nergal. So, despite the subcultural element, it is more of a "spoof", as it turns out.
ranckel
Master

Post by ranckel »

Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell wrote:Thank you - ranckel - !!!

I really did my best with the textures. However, there were some issues with the damage file(s), due to the (extremely) low resolutions in which they were rendered. Without any changes to the mesh, this is as close to a uniform result as I could get.

P.S. As for my musical taste, I listen to Extreme (Heavy) Metal, in all of its forms (subgenres). Sadly, this did not determine my nickname on this site, but the fact that I have been a longterm fan of a Cartoon Network show called: "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy", where one of the characters ("villains"), is called Nergal. So, despite the subcultural element, it is more of a "spoof", as it turns out.

ah, I love Billy and Mandy cartoon too, I asked because I listen to extreme heavy metal too, but some as subgenres as black metal, that is evil, or trash metal, death metal doom metal. thanks for reply!

Nergal_Arvax_Ramyell
Mortal

Hi there, - ranckel - !!!

How have you been?

I have just updated the mod-page for my SKEOO-mod on this site/forum, after more than a year and half of not having played/modded this game at all. Also, I have been very busy working on a solo Extreme (Heavy) Metal Project of mine, during that period. For now, it is "only" one song/demo (not the demo-version of one song, but a standard recording).

I qualify the (sub)genre for it as, "Symphonic (Progressive) Black/Death/Doom Metal" and/or "Metal of Chaos", but Encyclopaedia Metallum's moderators have given a slightly different classification for it. Here is the Youtube-link to the appropriate video posted on my project's channel, in case you are interested.

All the best.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvEgbkCCKpg).

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”