Just picked up MK:AK

LilJayV10
Mortal

Just picked up MK:AK

Post by LilJayV10 »

Just d/l it on PS3. Man it's amazing how much these games have changed since the first one. MK3 is my favorite as I like the "run" button and I finally have my Friendships!. They would have been nice in MK9 but this will do.

I can't believe I still remember how to do Sub Zero's combo's. Wish I could do his combos on MK9.

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Just picked up MK:AK

Post by Gambid »

Are the colors the same as those in the trailers. I ask, because they seem a bit too bright in the release trailer. The game still isn't out in Europe so I can't purchase it yet.

How is the overall feeling of the game?

BTW, our Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection section is already online: http://www.mksecrets.net/index.php?sect ... on_Summary
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
CYBER ZUD ZERO
Mortal

Re: MORTAL KOMBAT ARCADE KOLLECTION

Post by CYBER ZUD ZERO »

WHERE THE HELL IS MORTAL KOMBAT ARCADE KOLLECTION ON PS3 STORE THEY SAID UK RELEASE TODAY ?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Try searching for Mortal Kombat in the store.

If it is not out yet, it should be in no more than several hours.

The information we posted on the main page comes from the official press release.
I Rule This World!

RedShirtDavid
Mortal

Post by RedShirtDavid »

I'm REALLY let down they didn't release the HD version! Most everyone can already play these either by owning the arcade machines (as I do) OR by playing them on MAME. An HD version would've been old, but also new and fresh that hadn't been out there before. I'm guessing that it was a matter of money. Why put out the effort when you can just port the old version?
Another reason I think they were doing it in the first place was so they didn't have any issues with the original actors wanting a piece? If you look on the cabinets (cg - on the trailer and also on the game's fatality when it drops on your opponent) Johnny Cage is missing. It's just a dragon. I loved the originals obviously, but a new game would've been AMAZING.
What's sad is I'm sure I'll pay to download it even though I have them in my living room.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

MAME doesn't really count as a way of playing the games. Most people who use MAME do not own the cabinets. And lets face it, the arcade cabinets are almost 20 years old, they will malfunction sooner or later.

There can't be any problems with the actors, they probably signed a contract, that they won't be payed. They probably got payed for the shots, and that's it.

BTW, downloading right now :)
I Rule This World!

LilJayV10
Mortal

Post by LilJayV10 »

Gambid,

Sorry I didn't get back with you. I think the colors look fine. I know you are d/l now so you have probably seen it already. :)
simkard
Mortal

Post by simkard »

i cant find it for the UK... but i thought the uk store gets updated weekly? if that is true we are to be waiting another week for it? mannn thats long
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yep, the colors look fine, which is a relieve actually :)

I have no idea why the game is not in the UK PS3 Store. The XBox 360 version is online and I have it.
I Rule This World!

LilJayV10
Mortal

Post by LilJayV10 »

I do wish they would have made a HD version. That would have been kinda cool. It's funny how graphics have improved so much in the past 20 years. I remember when the game came out I was like, wow that's the best graphics ever, there's no way they can make it look any better.

The timing and the game play has evolved a lot too. I was playing the first one the other night and it seems its much slower paced. I can't seem to get the timing down right for MK9, to do combos and such. I watched every you tube clip when they would release a new fighter. All of them were doing some awesome combos. When I play I just get mad and start mashing buttons.

I think maybe I'm just getting old.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

In fact, there is a suspicion that UMK3 is a bit faster than it should be. This alone can break combos. Not sure about the rest of them.

But yes, the games are slower when compared to MK9. And the Buttons layout was completely new to me. I have started with UMK3 on the genesis and never could quite adapt to the fact that the run button is the bump/trigger button :(
I Rule This World!

rlf1859
Mortal

Post by rlf1859 »

do they have a move listing in the pause button in the Collection games ? thanks
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes, there is a moves list once the round starts.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection”