Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komplete Edition Announced

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komplete Edition Announced

Post by Gambid »

The previously rumored Komplete Edition of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) has been officially announced and it is everything you expected and more:
MORTAL KOMBAT KOMPLETE EDITION ANNOUNCED
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to Release Expanded Version of Award-Winning Fighting Game
Burbank, Calif. – January 9, 2012 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, a content-rich version of 2011’s award-winning Mortal Kombat videogame. The 2011 iteration of the legendary fighting franchise sold more than three million units worldwide and was recently named Fighting Game of the Year by Spike TV’s 2011 Video Game Awards.
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition delivers the critically acclaimed game, all previously released downloadable content (DLC), plus digital downloads of the 2011 release of Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors album with a bonus track, and the 1995 Mortal Kombat film on the PlayStation®Store or Xbox Live Zune. The DLC includes fan-favorite warriors Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain, as well as the infamous dream stalker Freddy Krueger. The game also offers 15 Klassic Skins and three Klassic Fatalities (Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile). Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors is a collection of electronic music inspired by the game and is executive produced by JFK (of the DJ/ production duo MSTRKRFT and Death From Above 1979).

Developed by NetherRealm Studios and led by Mortal Kombat co-creator and creative director Ed Boon, the game will be available February 28 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

The 2011 release of Mortal Kombat was a triumphant return to the game’s original mature presentation offering over-the-top fatalities and cringe-worthy X-ray moves. Going back to a 2D fighting plane, this latest iteration in the franchise introduced a number of new gameplay features including Tag Team, Challenge Tower, and a deep story mode. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several players in the innovative online King of the Hill mode.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Re: Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komplete Edition Announced

Post by mk master 365 »

awesomeness! i wonder if it will make you start over with trophiez and stuff... but its gonna sell quite nicly i predict. cant wait to see the $ needed...
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

so pretty much this MK game includes all costumes, klassic fatalities, and DLC characters.
mk master 365
Grand Master

Post by mk master 365 »

basicly... probably made for the people who either cant buy DLC's... or just wanna collect it, let it gather dust, then sell it on eBay 60 years l8r...
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
scorpangel
Mortal

Post by scorpangel »

Even though i have all the kontents I'm still gonna buy this but only for a collection and keeping it sealed just because i really liked mk9 alot.
SAL
Mortal
XBox Live: Ehrenfried & Gefahrensucher

Post by SAL »

Are the Fighters/Costumes on the disc or just download content-codes, like the movie?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

They should already be on the disk.
I Rule This World!

mk master 365
Grand Master

Post by mk master 365 »

scorpangel wrote:Even though i have all the kontents I'm still gonna buy this but only for a collection and keeping it sealed just because i really liked mk9 alot.

my point exactly... (read my post a few posts ago...)

I still need to find out how much its gonna be.. so i can save up for a few decades.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

Is it possible they'll add in Survival and Single Player Endurance in this, along with many extras that may have been cut due to time constraints?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

No, the Komplete Edition is nothing more than the Standard Edition with all DLCs. Imagine if they add something new. It will be totally unfair to all the people who already own the standard Edition and have paid at least $60 for it.
I Rule This World!

roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

well if they did add more stuff, couldn't they add DLC modes or anything? I do know though that it wouldn't be possible because they said they weren't doing anymore DLC.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

It will be totally unfair to all the people who already own the standard Edition and have paid at least $60 for it.
It's already unfair include additional stuff. I guess, price of this Edition will be more cheaper than price of Standart Edition + DLC + something else.
mk master 365
Grand Master

Post by mk master 365 »

I think they would save extra stuff like that for another mk game rather than mk9...
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Return to “News Articles”