Mortal Kombat X - Kodes and Secrets (Submit Topic)

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat X - Kodes and Secrets (Submit Topic)

Post by Roy Arkon »

Here is an interesting secret that was just found. An MK Pro player, REO, found that in the Kuatan Jungle stage, you not only can hang on the branch in the middle of the stage of the staying on it if you hold the intractable button, but you can also swing from it if you hold the intractable button and pressing F,F immediately afterwards.

I thought to myself if this means you can do the Kuatan Jungle Stage Brutality (smashing the opponent's head into the statue in the center of the stage) regardless of how you hang on the branch (as that's the requirement for the Brutality). After testing it I can confirm that it is indeed the case, you can hang on the branch, keep holding it, or swinging from it and the Brutality will still work. Watch as I playing as Noxious Reptile against the CPU Acidic Alien in the Kuatan Jungle stage and getting the Stage Brutality 4 times, back to back, with me hanging on the branch differently each time.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

A new secret version of Butcher Leatherface' Brutality has been discovered, it was actually discovered a long time ago but nobody did a video of it so I took it upon myself to show you since only now I've got the info about it. Just do the Butcher Brutality by finishing the match with the D, B, F + 1 Command Grab, and hold D + 3 + Block while the Brutality is being performed. This will cause Leatherface to go for his universal Brutality stance in which he punches himself in the head like he does with his other Brutalities instead of standing still like he usually does for this particular Brutality.

Here is the link where I got the info about the Brutality, just click here.

And here is a video from my Channel:

Last edited by Roy Arkon on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Well, more Brutality changes are coming up:

- Liu Kang (Flame Fist) - When you go for the Universal Air Fire Ball Brutality, you can either do the standard Fire Ball which does 7%, or enhanced it with the Flame Fist buff (D, D +1) which will increase the Fire Ball damage to 10.5%. It's not really a change but more of a clarification.

EDIT: This is also true for the Secret Low Fire Ball Brutality, as the regular one does 7% damage, and the one with the Flame Fist buff deals 10.5% damage.

- Liu Kang (Dualist) - Now that you can explode Dark Spheres with the Solar Sphere thanks to the latest patch, anytime you do it during the match now will be counted as one of the 3 times you need to hit the Solar Sphere for the Brutality. But you can't do that as the final hit, you still have to do the EX Solar Sphere without the Dark Sphere as the final hit to trigger the Brutality.

- Cassie Cage (Universal #2) - At first you needed to finish the match with D+F+1 normal while holding U after you've lost one round. Now you can do that Brutality regardless if you lost a round or not.

- Sonya (Demolition) - At first you needed to land the first hit in the match while also losing one round and then finish the match with the 1,1,2 string. Now you just need to finish the match with that string without the need of getting the first hit or losing a round.

- Quan Chi (Warlock) - At first you needed to finish both rounds with a throw. Now you only need to win the final round with a throw. Keep in mind that the direction of the throw will be changed whatever you're holding forward or not.

- Ferra/Torr (Vicious) - At first you needed to use 3 intractables during the match and then finish the match with the D, B, F + 1 Command Grab while pressing any attack button (either 1 or 2) 5 times. Now you need to use only one intractable.

- Goro (Universal #1) - At first you needed to lose one round and finish the match with the D, B, F + 3 Command Grab. Now you can do the Brutality without the need of losing around. This is Brutality is kinda different in the Dragon Fangs Variation as the Command Grab deals 16% damage while in general it does 14%.

- Raiden (Displacer) - At first you needed to do 10 Teleports and then finish the match with the enhanced Superman Fly move (either the ground or the aerial one). Now you need to do only 5 Teleports.

- Sub-Zero (Cryomancer) - At first you needed to do a 6-hit combo that ends with the F+4,2 + Grab string. Now that this string in this Variation is the same string in the other Variations and the Grab is now a separated Command Grab (D, B, F + 3), in order to get this Brutality now you have to finish the match with a 6-hit combo that ends with the Command Grab.

- D'vorah (Venomous) - At first you just needed to finish the 6 hits of the Bug Spray (you will always get at least 6 hits as long as the opponent doesn't block, like I said before), but now you have to do a combo that does over 30% damage during the match before finishing the match with Bug Spray.

And once again, saving the best for last:

- Reptile (Universal #1) - Reptile's Acid Spit Brutality has been changed, technically, although it really hasn't been changed. Now Reptile's Acid Spit does 7% damage (down from 8&) but you still need to overall damage with Acid Spit of 20%, that means you need to land hit Acid Spit on hit 3 times like before, as 7% multiplied by 3 times equals 21%. This is true for all of Reptile's Acid Spit Brutality versions (regular, Acid Bubble and Blood Bubble).
Kenshi.
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by Kenshi. »

Roy a correction about Liu Kang (Dualist) Hot Mess Brutality.
You must give the final hit from mid to far distance, not close, for the Brutality to work.
Also, the hits from the Solar Flare (or explode a Dark Sphere with the Solar Flare) are at least 4 (not 3 as you say or 5 as the guide in game) and the final hit (5th) can be the EX Solar Flare.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Kenshi. wrote:Roy a correction about Liu Kang (Dualist) Hot Mess Brutality.
You must give the final hit from mid to far distance, not close, for the Brutality to work.
Also, the hits from the Solar Flare (or explode a Dark Sphere with the Solar Flare) are at least 4 (not 3 as you say or 5 as the guide in game) and the final hit (5th) can be the EX Solar Flare.
Thanks for the corrections. I guess that NRS changed the requirements again (from 3 times to 4 times), as I did checked it two days ago after the patch came out and it was still 3 times. Anyway, thanks again.
Kenshi.
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by Kenshi. »

Roy I need your help with sonya's xray brutality.
No one knows the exact requirements. I have done it multiple times
without holding ANY button during the X-ray as many recommend and the variation, health, round, combos etc. do not change a thing. It happens randomly. We need to wait a dev input it
seems.I searched everywhere and no one knows exactly how its done.
The only thing I can say for this brutality is that you can do it when the opponent is low on health.
I need people to put effort to find the requirements. If someone can say
safely that he can do it at least 10 times in a row we're good.
Maybe I have a clue here. I tried it with the brutality kombat modifier many times and it never works! It should always! Whats going on?

Also for Goro's ex punchwalk brutality , it seems that holding down 4 wont work.
I found that I must be tapping quickly, block and high kick. If you hold these it wont work.
I play on PC.

Edit: Ok thanks Roy for explaining Goro's. As for Sonya, yes it seems that it's bugged.
Last edited by Kenshi. on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Kenshi. wrote:Roy I need your help with sonya's xray brutality.
No one knows the exact requirements. I have done it multiple times
without holding ANY button during the X-ray as many recommend and the variation, health, round, combos etc. do not change a thing. It happens randomly. We need to wait a dev input it
seems.I searched everywhere and no one knows exactly how its done.
The only thing I can say for this brutality is that you can do it when the opponent is low on health.
I need people to put effort to find the requirements. If someone can say
safely that he can do it at least 10 times in a row we're good.
Maybe I have a clue here. I tried it with the brutality kombat modifier many times and it never works! It should always! Whats going on?

Also for Goro's ex punchwalk brutality , it seems that holding down 4 wont work.
I found that I must be tapping quickly, block and high kick. If you hold these it wont work.
I play on PC.
I don't know whats the problem with Sonya's Brutality, I guess that there might be a bug with this, as I couldn't get that Brutality myself even in Kustom Kombat mode with the Brutality Kombat modifier. Hope that in the next patch they will fix it.

As for Goro's Brutality, it works as it should be. It was always like that you need to meter-burn the Punchwalk while holding 4 at the same time. The thing is though that now NRS has changed the game in which no character can have an armored launcher unless they will use an extra resource besides the bar. And because of that the EX Punchwalk is an armored launcher (by using the straight EX version) they decided that the straight EX version doesn't launch anymore and the only way to make it launch is meter-burn that as well. So basically you have to meter-burn both versions (either the straight EX version or the meterless version) while holding 4 to get the Brutality, and yes, if you wanna meter-burn the already straight EX-version, you have to use a second bar. I did all of that just now and it works.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ok I've checked Sonya's X-Ray Brutality now that the Hot Fix is out and now it works. You don't have to do any requirements before the end of the match, but now you can only do it in the Covert Ops Variation, which is ironic because people misleadingly thought at the beginning that you can only do it in Covert Ops while in actuality you could do it in any Variation, but now you can truly do it only in Covert Ops. I tried in Demolition and it didn't work, but only in the Covert Ops Variation. I'm not sure if this is what NRS wanted to do from the start and the universal accessibility for this Brutality was a bug or only now they decided to change it, but regardless that's how it works now.

There is one catch though: If you hold the Block button (which is one of the buttons needed to activate the X-Ray) while the X-Ray is going, the Brutality won't be triggered. I also tried it while holding the Stance Switch button (the other button for activating the X-Ray) as well as Forward on the D-Pad while the X-Ray is going and the Brutality worked both times. So you don't need to hold any buttons whatsoever, but DO NOT hold the Block button at all, or else you would block the Brutality (pun intended).
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Another Brutality change, this time for Lasher Takeda. At first you needed to finish the match with the Whip Flurry EX move (B, F + 2 + Block) while pressing Down 3 times during the final hit. But since this move used to be an armored launcher NRS decided to make it an armored only EX move, and now the only way you can make it to the launching part of the move which triggers the Brutality, is to spend a second bar by meter-burning the move. So now you need to finish the match with the new advanced Whip Flurry (B, F + 2 + Block, Block) while pressing Down 3 times during the final hit. But that's not all, the only way you can trigger the Brutality is by pressing Down 3 times after you spend the second bar. If you press down 3 times before spending the second bar the Brutality won't work. So now the timing of pressing Down 3 times has become much more restrict.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Another Brutality change, and guess what? It's a Stage Brutality this time, and it's the Dead Woods Stage Brutality. At first you needed to finish by throwing the log at the right corner of the stage while the opponent was at mid-screen range at least from you after you have used at least 2 other intractables in the stage, and you needed to use both of those intractables at round 2. Now you can do the Brutality regardless of how many intractables you have used or which round you have used them. Even if you didn't use any intractables at all during the match, you can still get the Brutality with the log at the right corner.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Yet another Brutality change for D'vorah (Venomous). At first you couldn't do the Brutality if the opponent blocks while the chip damage is enough to finish the opponent. Now you can get the Brutality regardless if the opponent blocks or not. Of course that if the opponent blocks you need to make sure that the opponent's health is low enough to be finished by the chip damage. And of course you have to do a combo that is over 30% damage in the match regardless.
MAROZO55
Mortal

Post by MAROZO55 »

Roy Arkon wrote:I've found a funny easter egg with Erron Black's X-Ray. When he does his X-Ray on another Erron Black in a mirror match, kits solaires photovoltaïques autonome the bullet which the opponents name is written on, says "me", because Erron does it on himself, in a way.

Fun to find this easter egg so betting then
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Another Brutality change (yes, it happens again), this time with Hollywood Cassie Cage. You still need to hit just one Nut Cracker on the opponent before using it again as the final hit, for the Nut Cracker Brutality, but if you wanna go for the EX version of the that Brutality, the first time you use it must be the EX version as well. If you use the regular version first, the EX version of this Brutality won't work. If you wanna use the regular version of this Brutality, you can use the regular version of the Nut Cracker for the first use as usual. As always, if you wanna use the EX version of the Brutality, make sure the first hit of EX Nut Cracker is enough to kill the opponent on hit.

Also, Johnny Cage's Nut Punch Brutality has been changed as well. Although it is written that you need to perform the Nut Punch 4 times before using it as the final hit, it is true now only for the EX version of the Brutality, while for the regular version, you need now to perform the Nut Punch only 3 times before using it again as the final hit. Also, when you go for the 3 or 4 Nut Punches during the match (depending on which Version of the Brutality you're going for) you don't actually have to land the Nut Punches on the opponent, as even if the opponent blocks them or they are completely whiff, it will still be counted for the Brutality. So all you need is just to do the Nut Punch the required amount of times before the final hit, regardless if they hit, blocked or whiff.

Also, while discovering the changes for these Brutalities, I also found something funny with Alien. Since Alien has no eyes, if you go for the EX Version of these Brutalities, his inner jaw will pop out instead. Here is a video:

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Hi everyone, here is another Brutality change, this time for Stage Brutality. At first, for the Blanche at the Outworld Marketplace, you needed to use to intractables before hitting the opponent with her, but now you need two use just one. This is also true for the second version of her Brutality.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Here are a few more Brutality updates and changes, and even a new one. First, as you might've known, there are two Secret Brutalities for Jax in the Heavy Weapons Variation with both the Machine Gun and Up Machine Gun. Now it turns out that both those Brutalities have a 2nd Stage. By holding both trigger buttons once the Brutality starts, this will cause Jax to pull of his Rocket Launcher and shoot at the opponent's head, causing it to explodes. The 2nd Stage for the regular Machine Gun Brutality has actually been discovered several months ago but I personally only now found that one out, so I decided to check if it's true for the Up Machine Gun as well and I was right. Here are two videos showcasing both Brutalities in their 2nd Stages.

And here is a another Stage Brutality change. At first, for the Lin Kuei Stage Brutality, you needed to use interactables and then finish the match with either flame from the center of the stage while holding Forward. Now you don't need to use any interactables during the match, just finish the opponent with either flame from the center and hold Forward.

But there is more to that. Now it turns out that the flame from the left corner of the stage can lead to the exact same Stage Brutality. Just finish the opponent by throwing that flame while holding Forward, no other interactables need to be used. Here is a video showcasing both Brutalities.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X/XL”